International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (Vol. 2, Issue 2): Call for Papers
The International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (ISSN: 2394-7829) is Quarterly double blind Peer review academic journal, published in Print, that seeks to provide an interactive forum for the publication of articles in the field of Law and Governance. The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume 2, Issue 2.
The submission deadline for Volume 2, Issue 2 is 28th February, 2016. We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 - 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms / norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000 - 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent / landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th Edition). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A separate document with biographical information of the authors must also be attached including the following details: Name, Email address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 28th February, 2016. All submissions should be made electronically at email@example.com.