National Seminar on "International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges"
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab is going to organize a National Seminar on "International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges".
Date: 20th February, 2016
Human Rights, especially after the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, have come to occupy a pivotal place in international and national policy considerations. However, despite the increased focus on Human Rights, the reality of the day is "Too much emphasis - Too many violations". Though there is stringent enforcement of laws, collective efforts by the governments, the active participation of media and the Human Rights agencies, the Human Rights scenario world over is posed with various challenges because for a larger section of the society, Human Rights are still an abstract concept. In this backdrop, the importance of Human Rights Education acquires increased importance; it assumes potential significance in transforming Human Rights issues into reality. This Seminar is an endeavour to spread awareness regarding the multi-faceted concept of International Human Rights laws among the youth, academia and even the common masses, as well as to contribute to the global discourse on the way forward for International Human Rights laws.
Call for Papers:
Seminar papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to specified themes. It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No. Only Full Papers submitted on or before the deadline shall be considered for the publication. Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar in person or through web-conferencing.
An abstract should contain no more than 300 - 350 words accompanied by a brief profile of the authors indicating their name, designation, email ID, contact number and official address. The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes). The abstract and full paper must be formatted in adherence to the following guidelines:
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 (Main Text); 10 (Footnotes)
- Line Spacing: 1.5 (Main Text); 1(Footnotes)
- Margin: 1" on all sides
- Citation Style: Bluebook 19th Edition
- File Name: Name of Author + Title of Paper
- File Format: .doc/.docx/.pdf
All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent to the email id: email@example.com
- Session 1 - Human Dignity, State Sovereignty and International Justice
- Genocide and Humanitarian Intervention
- Right to Life and Capital Punishment
- Right to Health and Treatment
- Counter Terrorism and Human Rights
- Session 2 - Human Rights of Social Groups
- Women Rights
- Child Rights
- Human Rights to Refugees
- Session 3 - Human Rights in International Trade
- Human Rights vis-a-vis Labour Laws
- Social Responsibility of Multinational Corporations
- Trade and its Impact on the Right to Environment
- Session 4 - Redressal of Human Rights Violation
- International / Global Mechanisms
- Regional Mechanisms
- National Mechanisms
The seminar will have a web conference session available to presenters on prior intimation and payment of the Registration Fee.
- Students (separately for author and co-author): Rs. 700/-
- Academicians / Lawyers / Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/-
There shall be not more than two co-authors for a paper. Registration and payment is to be done online on or before 20th January, 2016. Details of online registration and payment will be intimated along with intimation of Acceptance of Abstract. A printed copy of the paper should be submitted at the registration desk on 20th February, 2016.
Accommodation shall be provided as per availability on payment. Request for the same has to be made in advance.
Last Date of Submission of Abstract:
5th January, 2016
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract:
10th January, 2016
Last Date for Registration and Online Payment:
20th January, 2016
Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy):
31st January, 2016
Dr. Shilpa Jain
Assistant Professor of Law
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala - 147001
Phone: 0175-02391600/601/602, 2391200