GNLU: Diploma Programme in Advanced Entrepreneurship Management and Corporate Laws
Gujarat National Law University and Enhelion is pleased to launch India's first ever Diploma Programme in Advanced Entrepreneurship Management and Corporate Laws. In an environment where the world's progress and development is decided by trade, it is no surprise that business knowledge forms a cornerstone for any professional's path to success. Right from understanding the basic concepts to knowing what to do in business, the nuances of entrepreneurship, for making a successful business agreement, you as participants of this programme would get it all.
This advanced diploma programme would help the participants build on the knowledge / skill set that would stay with them and help them enhance their existing skill sets in their chosen career path. Augmenting the same is the irreplaceable ability of the teachers / faculty teaching the course, who have been some of the most successful lawyers in the business world and have worked for many of the TOP fortune 500 companies.
The duration of the Diploma Course is One Year
- January 2016 - January 2017 [The first online live lecture will take place in the first week of February 2016]
Medium of Instruction:
Online [Study Material + Presentations - with voiceover + Online Lectures through our Virtual Classroom Software every week from experts and academicians in the field]
- Any student who is pursuing or has finished an undergraduate degree in any discipline including law, business management etc
- Any professional is also eligible for applying to this course
- Documents required: 10th Class Pass-certificate,12th Class Mark-sheet, Undergraduate certificate [if applicable], Post graduate certificate [if applicable]
Salient Features of this unique programme:
- This programme offers continuous live online lectures that are recorded for future access to all enrolled students
- Lectures will be taken by practicing lawyers and academicians
- Study at your own pace.
- Audio Video Presentations along with Electronic material which can be printed for references
- Understand the practical side of Entrepreneurship and Business Laws
- Evaluation process is simple: 2 MCQ tests and one written assignment [No Vivas]
- Response time to queries of students is less than 12 hours
- Mentor monitored training programmes available to all
Modules taught in the programme:
- Module 1: Corporate Laws - An Introduction
- Identify and understand the legal issues that impact business organizations
- Understand the current status of business laws, especially in selected areas of contract law, corporate law, banking law, insurance law, etc
- Gain essential legal knowledge needed to function as a professional business-person
- Possess the ability to deal with legal problems in a business context
- Module 2: Forms of Business Organizations
- Enumerate the different kinds of business organizations that are currently on the rise in today's corporate age
- Enumerate the benefits that have arisen out of the need of increasing demands of businesses
- Define various regulatory provisions for setting up of various businesses
- Enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of various types of corporations
- Draft relevant legal documents such as partnership deed or an LLP agreement
- Give an in-depth insight into various compliance check-lists for setting up of each business
- Module 3: How to raise Investment in Business? - An understanding of Taxation, Accounts and raising finances in Business
- Develop an understanding on how companies keep records of accounts and manage their tax liabilities
- Elaborate on 1) methods of raising investments; 2) Advantages and disadvantages of such methods.
- Understand the fundamentals of taxation, together with the detailed study of important tax issues.
- Understand the rigorous study of tax legislation and jurisprudence combined with complementary analysis of relevant tax policy issues.
- Develop an understanding of the practical application of tax theory.
- Module 4: The meaning of Corporate Governance
- Define the complex set of relationships between the corporation and its board of directors, management, shareholders, etc
- Explain the appropriate mechanism for effective governance
- Understand a stakeholder's rights and responsibilities and value the shareholder
- Understand how to adhere to sound principles of direction and management
- Understand the significance of audit committee, its composition and responsibilities
- Module 5: Information Technology and Business
- Possess an advanced knowledge and understanding of information technology law, in its broadest sense.
- Understand information technology law not just in its legal but also its social, ethical and commercial contexts.
- Explore the wealth of legal issues associated with computerization and the Internet
- Explain the evolution and increasing convergence of information and communications technologies.
- Module 6: Intellectual Property on the Internet and Electronic Commerce
- Promote advanced knowledge and understanding of Intellectual property laws in the context of the virtual world
- Understand the concepts of intellectual property strategies and checklists and compliance issues in the cyber arena in not just in its legal but also in its social, ethical and commercial contexts
- Explore the wealth of legal issues associated with computerization and the Internet
- The evolution - and increasing convergence of intellectual property- information and communications technologies.
- Module 7: Management Practices in Business Organizations including an overview of legislations
- Give an understanding about various management issues and legal queries that may arise during the course of running a business that has a big impact on the day to day operations of the company
- Enumerate the methods to contemplate measures that would be best in the interest of the company.
- Provide Applications of these methods in the cyber world.
- Module 8: Development of Capital Markets in India
- Understand the Capital Market Laws as they apply in India and its historical perspective
- Understand how to improve allocation and raising of investment in companies within the existing legal framework
- Module 9: Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Have an in-depth coverage of arbitration theory and exposure to arbitration practical issues
- Understand various forms of commercial arbitration, construction arbitration, and investment arbitration
- Develop an understanding on domain name disputes and the resolution policies available to tackle it
- Develop an understanding on mediation and conciliation procedures and including the theoretical, practical and ethical problems related to mediation
- Module 10: Procurement of Goods on Behalf of the Government
- Explore the basic elements of procurement law, both nationally and internationally
- Focus on procurement law, but will also draw on international model laws, for comparative purposes
- Review each stage of public contracting, from planning through bidding and performance, and will also be able to discuss issues of corruption and compliance
- Module 11: Understanding Contract and allied laws
- Provide a deep understanding of the main legal issues in contract law, contract drafting, Sale of goods, partnership, insurance, etc.
- Explore key legal issues in contract formation, pre-contractual agreements, letters of intent, etc.
- Provide an analysis of the main provisions of specialized contractual agreements like in the case for joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property rights, trademarks and patents, state contracts, construction and engineering contracts, as well as related modes of payment and dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Module 12: A quick guide to Competition Law and Compliance
- Provide the challenges faced by corporations when they expand in an organic or non-organic manner into new territories, markets and products.
- Exploration of the impact of competition law in areas such as monopolies and mergers and their regulation and control; cartels and price-fixing; market sharing and bid-rigging; intellectual property rights and anti-competitive practices; international competition law and international trade.
- Module 13: Foreign Direct Investment in India and the Law
- To provide an insight into the evolutionary and policy factors those influence the formulation of FDI policies of a country.
- To understand evolving trends in the FDI policies.
- On how should one look and evaluate the FDI policies in order to maximize benefits for one's business.
- Module 14: Business Legislations: Public and Private International Law
- Give an understanding of the contexts in which laws operate, for example the political, social, and cultural and business contexts
- Reflect the development of public international law in practice over recent years
- Understand the impact of international laws in the national business markets
- Module 15: Mergers and Acquisitions - A Strategy
- Understand the nuances of mergers and acquisitions
- Understand how to negotiate a merger/acquisition
- Understand the several legal clauses of a merger agreement
- Strategies adopted by organizations to merge their businesses
- Strategies adopted by organizations to acquire businesses
- Rs. 15,000/- for Indian Students
- US $400 for students paying from foreign countries
The registrations are on a first-cum-first-served basis. Seats are limited.
Note: Candidates applying for the course are instructed to verify eligibility criteria before registering for the course. Admission of ineligible candidates shall be cancelled and Rs. 200/- shall be deducted from the fees paid before processing refund.
The last date for registration is 31st January, 2016
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Fax: +917878186624, +91-79-23276613
Enhelion Knowledge Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
5th Floor, Tower C,
B- Block, Sector 62
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: +91-11-66351512, +91-11-66351234