National Seminar on Protection of Women's Right and its accomplishment in Presents Scenario
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Chandigarh is going to organize a National Seminar on Protection of Women's Right and its accomplishment in Presents Scenario.
Date: 19th December, 2015
Women's rights have been at the heart of a series of International Conferences such as Vienna Declaration that have produced significant political commitments to women's Human Rights and equality. To ensure women's Human Rights require a comprehensive understanding of underlying societal and power relations that defines and influence women's ability to enjoy their Human Rights.
In today's world of globalization and liberalization social and cultural patterns believe in subjugation of women in society, and undermine women's human rights, gender equality and non-discrimination, the parties of domestic violence, work place violence, road side violence, abuse, forced marriage, dowry deaths, acid attacks and female circumcision are often seen in civilized society.
A phenomenon documented for all areas of law and for all region of the world (albeit of different degrees) is de facto discrimination. Even where the law prohibits discrimination and embodies special measures to advance women, discrimination against women remains widespread in practice for instance banking practices requiring the husband to sign their wife context.
Though there are multifarious legislations supporting women's right but there is lack of implementation of existing conditional and statutory provisions by many factors, and primarily by the existence of socio- cultural attitudes conflicting with formal legislation. Perhaps, people do not change their mind set towards women's right. Henceforth, the main objective of National Seminar is in the terms of Women's Right are really actualized in terms of their property right, matrimonial right, equal status right, educational right, and even right to life and liberty or of such bunch of rights enjoyed by only limited strata of the society. It is need of the age to march forward for actualization of women rights and not merely limited upto the statutory book woman's right.
- Women's rights and its Protection under Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and various International covenants
- Women's Rights and its position in the ancient period with special reference to Hindu Law.
- Woman's Right and its position in Muslim law
- Women's Rights and its safeguard in Criminal Law
- Women's Right and its endanger in the era of modern technique
Call for Papers:
Submission Guidelines for Abstract:
The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
Submission Guidelines for Full Research Paper:
- The paper should not exceed 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- In case a student is presenting the paper of a faculty member, the same shall be allowed only if the student has co- authored the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5. 5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Blue Book, 19th Edition
- The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the filled in Registration form, Demand Draft details, and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
- All submissions must be the author's original and unpublished work.
- Plagiarized submissions will be disqualified.
Method of Submission:
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as 'Submission - Abstract / Full Paper as the case may be and bearing the name (s) of the author(s) as the file name, only at the following e-mail address: email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Selected papers shall be published in the "Chandigarh University Law Review" (An International Law Journal) in its first edition.
- Lawyers / Corporate : Rs 1500/- (Co-author: Rs 1000/-)
- Academicians: Rs 1000/- (Co-author: Rs. 750/-)
- Students / Research Scholar :Rs 500/- (Co-author: Rs. 500/-)
Demand Draft in the favour of "Chandigarh University", Payable at Gharuan, SAS Nagar, Punjab
Submission of Abstract:
25th November, 2015
Intimation of acceptance:
30th November, 2015
Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft of registration fee:
10th December, 2015
Date of Seminar:
19th December, 2015
SCO-223 First Floor,
Sector - 36 D, Chandigarh - 160036
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org