1st Techno Legal National Moot Court Competition 2016
College of Legal Studies, UPES is going to organize the 1st Techno Legal National Moot Court Competition, 2016.
Date: 18th - 20th February, 2016
Venue: College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is the first Indian Energy University which aims at providing domain specific professionals at the graduate, post graduate and doctoral levels from the management, engineering and legal sector, respectively. With the College of Legal Studies, College of Management Studies and College of Engineering Studies within its ambit, the University offers academic programmes across oil and gas, power, transportation, infrastructure, logistics and supply chain sectors, and has become prominent in the country and worldwide, because of its commitment in imparting quality education and for providing competent professionals.
Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programmes are eligible to compete in the competition. Each College / Institution / University may send maximum of one team.
- Each team shall include two speakers, who shall be accompanied by one researcher all of whom shall be designated accordingly.
- Once provisional registration is completed, the team composition must remain the same throughout the competition.
- The change in team composition is subjected to Clause 3(a)(ii) of rules.
- No observer is allowed to accompany any team.
- A nominal registration fee shall be charged from the Universities / Colleges / Institutions that have been selected in the memorial rounds. The registration fees shall be Rs. 3000/-.
- The teams must send the soft copy of the memorials at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th February, 2016 (11:59 pm), which must be a .pdf file extension with the subject of the email as memorials for "Memorial Submission - Team Code". For ex: "TC-E"
- The file name of the memorials shall be in the following format "Team Code","Side represented". For ex: TC-E Defendant.
- Late Submissions: For every hour of delay in memorial submission beyond the prescribed time (11:59 pm IST, 5th February, 2016), 1 mark shall be deducted. Any Memorial submitted 15 hours after the time prescribed above (i.e. after 2:59 pm IST, 6th March, 2016) will not be accepted.
- Accommodation and Food shall be provided off-campus and on campus to all participants on the dates of the competition only, i.e. 18th to 20th February, 2016
- The transport for commutation from the place of stay to the venue of the competition shall be provided as per the schedule.
The last date for submission of the soft copy of registration form is 15th January, 2015.
Dr. Mamta Rana
Faculty Convener, Moot Court Association,
College of Legal Studies,
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,
Knowledge Acres, Kandoli Campus
P.O. Kandoli Via-Prem Nagar
Dehradun, Uttarakhand - 248007
Download Invitation, Brochure, Moot Proposition, Rules, Registration Form