Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs - Online Certificate Course on Corporate Law
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) has been established by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India to act as think-tank and capacity building Institute. Applications are invited for the Certificate Course in Corporate Law for the Session: December 2015 - May 2016
Who Should Attend?
This unique course is designed for candidates interested in acquiring professional knowledge and practical skills in the area of Corporate Law:
- Industry: Corporate Executives from Private and Public Enterprises
- Professionals: Lawyers, In-house Counsels, Economists, CA, CS, CWA
- Government: Officials working in Government Departments and Regulatory Authorities
The applicant must be a graduate of any stream (includes 4th year students of 5-year professional course in law) with a minimum score of 45% from any recognized University / Educational Institute.
Objective of the Certificate Course:
The Programme will enable the participants in gaining a sound and comprehensive understanding of the concepts of Corporate Laws, while:
- Providing a wide-angle overview of corporate laws in accordance with the Companies Act, 2013 and Securities Laws
- Providing updated information on the key amendments, circulars and notifications.
- Enabling the development of critical analytical abilities in the area of corporate law, culminating into a brief Research Report at the end of the course
- Providing a structured learning with model tests after each Module
The delivery of the course will be through a sophisticated Learning Management System (LMS) which would provide a classroom experience in a virtual platform. There is an optional in-person interaction at the beginning of the course (with Inauguration). The user friendly technology of LMS Platform would ensure uninterrupted online sessions and access to course study material with recorded online sessions, presentations, web-links etc. round the clock.
The duration of the course would be 6 months involving 120+ class hours including 6 hours face-to-face interaction at the launch of the course in IICA Campus, Manesar or New Delhi. The Course is spread into 10 modules, further sub-divided into 45+ units for structured learning. Some of the key topics included in the course are as follows:
- Fundamentals of Law and Corporate Laws in India
- A Bird's Eye view of the Corporate Laws in India
- Key differences between the Act of 1956 and 2013
- Types of Companies
- Incorporation of Company and Its procedure
- Introduction to Corporate Finance including Share Capital, Debentures and Bonds
- Raising of Capital & Prospectus, and Private Placement
- Introduction to Capital Markets
- Introduction to Directors and Board Meeting
- Shareholder's Meetings and their rights
- Oppression and Mismanagement including Class Action Suits
- Auditors: Appointment, Removal, Powers and Duties
- Corporate Governance Principles
- Restructuring & Re-Organization including M & A and Takeovers
- Winding Up: by National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and Voluntary Winding up
- Rehabilitation and Revival of Sick Companies
- Official Liquidator: Role, Appointment & Responsibility
- Regulation of Stock Exchanges and Trading of Securities - Securities Contract (Regulations) Act, 1956 (SCRA)
- Introduction to SEBI and Securities Appellant Tribunal (SAT)
- Securities in Electronic Form/DEMAT/Depositories - Concept
- Intermediaries and their regulation for investor protection
- Listing / De-Listing and Listing Agreement
- IPO: Issue of Capital & Disclosure Requirements Regulations, 2009
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- Complaints Mechanism and Insider Trading
- Introduction to CSR, CSR under Companies Act, 2013 and CSR Project appraisal.
- Liability of Directors and Key Managerial Persons (KMP) under Companies Act, 2013 - Concept of Officer in Default
- Corporate Frauds and investigation by SFIO
- Inspections and Inquiry
- Penalties and Compounding of Offences
- Introduction to ADR and Arbitration for resolving disputes in Corporate Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Fundamentals of IPR
- Commercialization and Monetization Technology Transfer: Regulatory Issues
- Introduction to Competition Act, 2002
Examination and Assessment:
We believe in online continuous assessment and accordingly have structured the course so that the learners have an opportunity to expose themselves to the learning they had in each module.
- There is an online objective test after each module (10 tests) - 15% weightage
- There is an online mid-term exam (at the completion of 3 months and / or 5 Modules of the course) -15% weightage
- Project assignment (beginning from 5th month of the course) culminating in a project report - 10% weightage
- Final examination (in-person to be held at IICA or any other suitable venue) at the end of six months - 60% weightage.
At the end of the course the following certificates would be awarded to the Learners:
- Certificate of Participation (who complete the whole course and did not give the in-person exams)
- Certificate of Completion (who completes the whole course including the in-person examination at the end of the course)
Taxes (14%) #
# Subject to latest notification of Government of India on the date of the payment
*Early Bird Discount: Candidates registering on or before 30th October, 2015 would get a discount of Rs. 3,000, i.e. if the fee is Rs. 29,982 you have to pay Rs. 26,982 if the payment is made on or before 30th October, 2015.
## Multiple Registration Discount only for sponsored candidates: 20% discount on the tuition fee for every next participant from the same organization (for instance if ABC Co. recommends two candidates, fees paid would be Rs. 49,989 for the first candidate and Rs. 39,991. An additional Early Bird discount or Rs. 3000/- would be available per candidate for registering on or before 30th October, 2015, i.e. Rs. 46,989 and Rs. 36,991 needs to be paid for two candidates if registration fees paid on or before 30th October, 2015).
Registration and Payment Details:
Interested applicants may register themselves by following the procedure as follows:
- Attach an additional photograph for ID Card other than the one pasted on the registration form.
- Make the payment of applicable fees by way of a Demand Draft in favour of "Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs" payable at New Delhi OR Online Payment via PayU visiting our website www.iica.in.
- Demand Draft in original or the PayU Receipt
- Self Attested photo ID with Address Proof (e.g. Passport, Aadhar Card, etc.)
- Self Attested Student ID Card (if applicable) for availing the student discount.
The filled in Registration Form along with the documents should be send to:
Head, School of Corporate Law,
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA)
Plot No. 6,7,8, Sector-5,
IMT Manesar, Gurgaon
Haryana - 122050
Phone: 0124 - 2640088, 0124 - 2640099
2nd October, 2015
25th November, 2015
Commencement of Classes:
1st December, 2015
Dr. Pyla Narayan Rao
Phone: 0124-2640088, +91-7042712183
Dr. Vijay Kumar Singh
Phone: 0124-2640099, +91-9891500707
School of Corporate Law,
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
P 6-7-8, Sector 5, IMT Manesar,
Distt Gurgaon, Haryana 122050.
Download Brochure, Registration Form