Financial Training for Legal Professionals Level I Training Program
Idex Legal is going to conduct the Financial Training for Legal Professionals Level I Training Program.
Date: 30th - 31st October, 2015
The growing complexities of international commercial transactions have led to a strong demand for lawyers and legal professionals who, along with a strong legal understanding, also have the commercial acumen to meet client requirements and offer business oriented solutions.
The Financial Training for legal professionals Lawyers programme has been created to address this issue. It is designed to enhance the financial acumen and analytical skills of lawyers practicing in the areas such as capital markets, M & A, corporate transactions and other related practices.
The programme focuses on intuitive appreciation of the fundamental concepts of finance and the ability to understand how these concepts are useful for decision making.
By the end of the course, participants will gain a thorough understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts which will help them to better comprehend commercial and financial aspects of a transaction.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate Lawyers
- Inhouse Counsel
- Legal Affairs Managers
- Legal Counsel
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and common finance vocabulary.
- Importance of cash flows and how to relate it to the balance sheet.
- Understand Compounding, Discounting, NPV and IRR.
- Examine and learn the tools of financial analysis.
- Importance of leverage and its impact on earnings and earnings related ratios.
- Investigate how a company's financial position drives financing decisions.
Unique Features of this Programme:
Programme on Basic Accounting and Financial Concepts / Principles taught intuitively without dwelling into complex mathematics
Focus on all accounting and financial issues of structuring, documentation and negotiation which are relevant for transaction and litigation lawyers to understand
Ensures effective communication between in-house lawyers and the business teams
Relevant for lawyers working in each of the following areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Structured Finance
- Practical Application in work
- Helps comprehend deal in its totality
- Effective participation in negotiation upon understanding of common financial vocabulary
- Better understanding of Indian GAAP and issues arising out of it
- Heads up to an international lawyer advising on India specific deals
- Training programme designed to match a lawyers / in house counsels practical needs and adapted to transactions peculiar to Indian scenario, rather than one off seminars.
Online Registration Form:
Mr. Vinay Patil
Ms. Megha Bhardwaj