2nd National Colloquium on Legal Research
The Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL) at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is going to organize the 2nd National Colloquium on Legal Research
Date: 28th - 29th November, 2015
National Colloquium on Legal Research:
Realizing the ever widening application of 'law' and to neutralize the ongoing intrigue and bickering challenges taking place all through, it has been inevitable to revisit 'the structural and operational facets' of law and to draw inference for innovative research. In this regard, the RGSOIPL is organizing a two-day National Colloquium on Legal Research on 28th and 29th November, 2015.
The colloquium will provide an outstanding forum for doctoral and LL.M students (final year) enrolled in various Universities & Law Schools, who are interested to pursue their career in academics and research. This colloquium will provide a unique platform for intensive deliberations on various aspects of research and methodology with leading academicians.
The prime objective of the colloquium is to enable the participants to relook at their research problem and approach it with better scientific temper. The colloquium intends to acquaint participants with different facets, dynamics, and emerging trends in legal research and methodology from the stage of formulation of a research problem to report writing and to equip them with the requisite skills to (re)shape their research problem (if necessary), pursue it in a systematic and effective manner and present it in an impressive manner.
Ph.D. and LL.M students (final year) registered in Law Schools / Colleges / Universities. The intake of participants is limited to thirty-five only.
Themes & Sub-themes (Tentative):
- Legal Research and Methodology: Some Reflections on Methodology & Approaches
- Historical and Comparative Legal Research
- Advancements in and Challenges to Socio-Legal Research
- Developments in Case study Methods
- Opportunities and Challenges in Interdisciplinary / Multidisciplinary Legal Research
- Research Design
- Developing Research Proposal
- Writing and structuring of Thesis
- Empirical Legal Research
- Tools of Data Collection
- Analysis and Interpretation of Data
- Effective Use of Information Technology Tools
- Software Applications in Legal Research (use of SPSS, AMOS, SAS, STATA, Excel Stat and other contemporary software. Including, the access to Data files, Data editor, Data transformation, files handling, demonstration and practice of statistical techniques to facilitate researchers in handling multiple sets of data in Legal Research).
- Technological advancements in Footnoting, Bibliographic & Referential style for Research Writing.
- Methodologies for accessing distinct information sources
- Research Ethics and Structuring of Manuscript
- Copyright and Authorship related Issues
- Plagiarism Testing
- Report Writing
- Publication of Final work
- How to publish a research paper? (Publication of Literature Review, Research Proposal, Thesis, Articles and Book Review)
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
Original contributions are invited from legal researchers working on any area of law or focusing on contemporary legal issues and developments. The maximum word limit for abstract submission is 500 words. The abstract must include the description of research problem, methods used to address the research problem and the justification of the Methodology. Some points to remember:
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- All submissions should be sent in MS-Word.
- A brief description about the participants (name, current designation, research experience, and institutional affiliation) should be attached separately.
- Submission of abstract shall be made to email@example.com
Registration process will start only after the selection of abstract. Legal Researchers who intend only to participate are required to send only duly filled in registration form with fees.
- Registration fee for Paper Presenter: INR 1500/-
- Registration fee for Participation without Presentation: INR 1800/-
Registration fee includes two days of accommodation & lunch. Participants shall bear their own expense in case of extending their stay in the campus.
Payment can be made through Electronic transfer, or Demand Draft in favour of "CEP - STC IIT Kharagpur" payable at "Kharagpur".
Last date for submission of Abstract:
26th October, 2015
Communication of Acceptance:
28th October, 2015
10th November, 2015
Mr. Bishwanath Gupta
Ms. Shova Devi
The Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL)
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur - 721302, West Bengal