6th Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International 'Energy Law' Moot Court Competition 2015
The Moot Court Association at College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is going to organize the 6th Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International 'Energy Law' Moot Court Competition 2015
Date: 7th - 10th April, 2016
- Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programmes are eligible to compete in the Competition. Each College / Institution / University may send maximum of one team.
- Eligibility for oral rounds shall be on the basis of selection of skeletal memorials.
- Each team shall include two speakers, who shall be accompanied by one researcher all of whom shall be designated accordingly.
- Once provisional registration is completed the team composition must remain the same throughout the competition.
- The change in team composition is subjected to Clause 3(a)(ii) in the rules book.
- No observer is allowed to accompany any team.
- The duly completed scanned copy of the competition's provisional registration form must be submitted online at email@example.com on or before 25th November, 2015. The subject of the mail must be "Provisional Registration: Institution Name"
- No change in the name of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the competition's provisional registration form. Changes if any must be approved by the head of the participating Institution / College / University stating the reasons and the change shall be communicated on or before 15th December, 2015. The changes shall be made at the sole discretion of Administrator.
- On completing the process of provisional registration a registration number shall be issued by the association and communicated to the teams, which shall be used for any communication and submission of memorials till the team code is issued.
Submission of Skeletal Memorials:
- The teams must send the soft copy of the skeletal memorials at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th December, 2015 (11:59 P.M), which must be a .doc file extension with the subject of the email as memorials for "Skeletal Memorial Submission - Provisional Registration Number", For ex. "Skeletal Memorial Submission PR001"
- The file name of the skeletal memorial shall be in the following format - Provisional Registration numberSide represented. For ex: 'PR012 Respondent'
- Late Submissions: For every hour of delay in memorial submission beyond the prescribed time (11:59 pm IST, 29th December, 2015), 1 mark shall be deducted. Any Memorial submitted 15 hours after the time prescribed above (i.e. after 2:59 pm IST, 30th December, 2015) will not be accepted.
- The registration of the teams for the competition shall be strictly done on the basis of the merit of the skeletal memorials submitted by the participant. The shortlisted teams will be notified via email latest by 15th January, 2016.
- The short listed teams shall send duly completed registration form, travel plan and transaction receipt (in hard copy) on or before 20th March, 2016 to the communication address mentioned in the rule book.
- All teams shall be given a team code by the Association on validation and the teams shall use their designated team code for any further correspondence.
- All the teams who have sent their completed registration form along with the transaction receipt shall arrive and verify the details in person at the Dehradun Main Campus during verification.
- Each team has to submit six sets of memorials (bound & printed on both sides of A4 sheet) for each side at the time of verification at Dehradun Main Campus specifying the team code allocated on each memorial.
- A nominal registration fee shall be charged from the Universities / Colleges / Institutions that have been selected in the memorial rounds. The registration fees shall be:
- For Indian participants: Rs. 3500/-
- For International participants from Medium and Low HDI Countries: USD $ 100*
- For International participants from Very High and High HDI Countries: USD $ 200*
*based on UNDP Human Development Index http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries
- No registration fee shall be charged from any such Institutions / Colleges / Universities that have not been selected.
- Accommodation and Food shall be provided off-campus to all participants on the dates of the competition only, i.e. from morning of 7th April, 2016 to morning of 10th April, 2016.
- The transport for commutation from railway station or ISBT to the guest house shall be provided only on prior confirmation of travel plan by the participating teams.
- The transport for commutation from guest house to railway station or ISBT on completion of competition shall be provided as per the schedule, which shall be provided to the teams on their arrival.
The duly completed scanned copy of the competition's provisional registration form:
25th November, 2015
The teams must send the soft copy of the skeletal memorials:
29th December, 2015 (11:59 P.M),
The shortlisted teams will be notified via email latest by:
15th January, 2016
The short listed teams shall send duly completed registration form, travel plan and transaction receipt (in hard copy) on or before:
20th March, 2016
Dr. Mamta Rana
Moot Court Association
Moot Court Association
College of Legal Studies,
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,
Energy Acres, Main Campus
P.O. Bidholi Via Premnagar
Dehradun, Uttarakhand - 248007
Download Rules, Registration Form, Travel Form