University of Madras - Admission to M.L. Degree Course
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to M.L. Degree Course under private study (non-semester) at University of Madras for the academic year 2015-16.
The University is offering the M.L. Degree Course in the following branches through English Medium at the Department of Legal Studies.
- Branch-I: International Law and Constitutional Law
- Branch-III: Criminal Law
- Branch-V: Intellectual Property Law
- Branch-VI: Human Rights and Environmental Law
- Branch VII: Labour and Administrative Law
- A candidate who has passed in 3 year B.L / LL.B. or 5 years B.L. / LL.B. from a recognized University under regular pattern of study i.e.(10+2+3+3) or (11+1+3+3) or (10+2+5)
- A candidate should complete the degree within five years from the academic year in which he / she registers for the course. The candidate should each year attend the compulsory ten days personal contact programme classes. Only then he / she will be eligible for the 1st and 2nd year examinations respectively.
- Issue of Application in Person:
Applications can be had in person at the "Application Sales Counter" at the Chepauk Campus of the University on payment of cash Rs. 200/- (Rs.100 for SC / ST candidates on production of attested photo copy of the community certificate.)
- Issue of Application by Post:
Those who want to obtain application by post have to send a written requisition specifying the name of the programme together with a Demand Draft for a sum of Rs. 250/- (Rs. 200/- towards cost to Application and Rs.50/- towards postage) drawn in favour of "The Registrar, University of Madras, Chennai - 600 005."
- Download Application Form:
Application can also be downloaded from the University website at www.unom.ac.in. However, the cost of application for Rs. 200/- by means of Demand Draft shall be enclosed, failing which the application will be summarily rejected.
The last date for issue / submission of filled in application form is 30th October, 2015.
University of Madras
Centenary Buildings, Chepauk,
Chennai - 600 005
Phone: 044 - 25613727, 044 - 25399473
Download Application Form