15th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition (National Round) 2015
The Indian Society of International Law (ISIL) and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), New Delhi are jointly organizing the 15th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition (National Round) 2015
Date: 17th - 20th September, 2015
Venue: The Indian Society of International Law, V.K. Krishna Menon Bhawan, 9, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi
The principal objective of the Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition is to develop an increased awareness and interest in IHL in academic institutions throughout South Asia. A further objective is to use IHL to further academic excellence in the student community, and to develop their advocacy skills in an environment of friendly competition.
All universities, colleges, and institutions imparting legal education on a regular or evening basis in a program of study that leads to a Bachelors degree in law (LL.B / BL) or Masters in law (LL.M / ML) are eligible to participate in the Moot Court competition. All students enrolled on a full time or evening basis in a program of study leading to or equivalent to a Bachelors degree in law (LL.B / BL) or Masters in law (LL.M / ML), are eligible to participate. Students who have participated in this Moot Court competition on a previous occasion are not eligible to participate again.
Each participating University / College / Institute shall nominate only one team consisting of three student members, plus a coach from the faculty of the University / College / Institute that they represent.
Submission of Memorials:
Each participating team shall prepare both memorials and counter memorials, in English. All teams are to submit their copies to the organisers before the deadline specified by the organising committee in its invitation letter. As a general rule this will be one week prior to the start of the Moot Court Competition. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the Competition.
Four copies of each memorial and counter memorial in paper (hard copy) shall be submitted to the organizing committee. During oral presentations, the participating teams should retain copies of their memorials for their personal use. The copies submitted to the organizing committee will not be returned to the participants under any circumstances. There will be exchange of memorials between the teams during the Competition.
All memorials shall be prepared to the following specifications:
- Memorial or counter memorial shall not be more than 25 typed pages.
- Memorials must be typed and submitted on standard A4 size paper.
- Font and size of the text of all parts of the memorial (excluding footnotes) must be the same and must be in either Times New Roman 12 or Arial 11 font size.
- The texts of all parts of each memorial must be double-spaced, with one inch margin on both sides.
- The text of footnotes and headings may be single-spaced. The font size of footnotes must be 2 points less than the text font.
- There must be double spacing between separate footnotes and between each heading and the body text of the memorial.
- Quotations of sources outside of the memorial of fifty words or more in any part of the memorial shall be block quoted and must be single-spaced.
- The table of Contents, Index of Authorities and Case Title are not included in the 25 typed pages limit.
- The organizing committee will provide accommodation and meals to members of the participating teams for the duration of the competition, where it is required.
- For the Indian National Moot Court competition and the Regional Moot Court competition, ISIL will be responsible to coordinate travel, accommodation and meals for all participating teams.
- The ICRC and its partner organizations will be responsible for coordinating all administrative arrangements, including travel, accommodation and meals, for participants in their respective national competitions.
- The memorials and counter memorials shall be submitted on or before 15th September, 2015.
- All the teams are requested to reach the venue of the competition, i.e., ISIL latest by the noon of 17th September, 2015.
Mr. Narinder Singh
Indian Society of International Law
V.K. Krishna Menon Bhawan,
Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi-110001
Phone: +91-11-23384458/59 (O), 0091-11-23389524 (S.G.)
Download Notification, Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form