2nd International Conference on Contemporary Debates in Public Policy and Management
The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta is going to organize the 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Debates in Public Policy and Management
Date: 15th - 17th January, 2016
Call for Papers:
The Second International Conference on Contemporary Debates on Public Policy and Management invites contributions that focus on emerging policy challenges including those that have generated lively public and scholarly debates in recent times in India and beyond e.g. policies for boosting domestic manufacturing output and employment, management of natural resources and resolution of conflicts over them, policies to reap the demographic dividend in developing countries like India including public health and education policies, labor market reforms, social insurance and informal sector, management of rapid urbanization and domestic macro policies in the post-recession international economic order, among others. Scholarly works on public policy and management from all disciplines are invited including theoretical papers, case studies, historical studies, econometric work, ethnography, survey-based studies, experimental work and others.
The conference invites both a) individual paper proposals (which the conference organizers will group into thematic panels and b) panel proposals (a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 papers on a theme).
The following is a list of suggested themes for submission of paper and panel proposals. Submissions need not be limited to sub-themes specified in the list.
- Public policy challenges in the contemporary global context
- International institutions and development
- Agriculture: policy challenges
- Climate change: global and local issues
- Innovation policies
- Policies for the manufacturing sector
- Governance issues in the social sector
- Public health policies - efficiency, quality and equity
- Education and skill development policies
- ICT and development policies
- Judiciary and public policies
- Labour market regulations
- Community, state and market
- Communities and cities: identity, politics and conflicts
- Citizen engagement and participatory governance
- Land acquisition laws and policies
- Forest rights and forest management
- Social movements and policy responses
- Decentralization, democracy and development
- Policy process: The making and implementation of policies
- Public finance
- Legal framework and institutions
- Ethics, science and public policies
- Media and public policies
- The conference will feature keynote speeches and invited panel discussions/ roundtables.
Submission of Individual Paper / Panel Proposals:
- For individual paper proposals, an abstract of 300 words with title, keywords of the paper/ case and author affiliation needs to be submitted.
- For panel proposals, a concept note for the panel (300 words) along with abstracts of individual papers, of 250-300 words with title, keywords of the paper / case and author affiliation, (a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 papers) needs to be submitted.
Submission of Full Papers:
All submissions should be made only as a PDF document, with numbered pages. All submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 point size, double-spacing, with 1 inch margin on all sides. The full paper should be of 5,000 - 8,000 words in length (excluding references, tables, figures, and appendices)
- Indian Delegates: Rs 6,000/-
- Overseas Delegates: US$ 200
- Indian Students: Rs. 3000/-
- Overseas Students: US$ 100
Delegates needing on-campus accommodation may get in touch with conference organizers at the contact email provided below. The online registration on IIM Calcutta website will open in the month of November.
Last date of submission of individual paper/panel proposals:
31st July, 2015
Date of announcement of selected individual papers/ panels:
31st August, 2015
Last date of submission of full papers:
30th November, 2015
Last date for registration:
15th December, 2015
15th - 17th January, 2016
Prof. Rajesh Bhattacharya