Journal of Telecommunication and Broadcasting Law (Vol. IV): Call for Papers
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) is pleased to announce the call for papers for the Journal of Telecommunication and Broadcasting Law (JTBL).
The Journal of Telecommunication and Broadcasting Law accepts submissions on a rolling basis. Interested contributors are requested to send their submissions under the following categories:
Nature of Submissions:
- Articles (6000-10000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Notes including Policy Notes (4000-6000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Book Reviews (2000-3000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Book Review should specify all relevant information relating to the book reviewed such as the name(s) of the author(s) and editor(s), edition of the book reviewed, year of publication, name of publisher and place of publication.
- Case Notes (2500-4000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Submissions in this category would include a comprehensive analysis of any judicial pronouncement relevant to contemporary developments in relation with telecommunication and broadcasting industry. It should provide an analysis of the law prior to the ruling as well as subsequent to it. Any inconsistencies with the ruling should be highlighted.
- Legislative Comments (2000 - 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
The legislation should be analysed with a view to provide the background, objectives and main provisions of the legislation to the readers. The comments must be objective in reporting facts and provisions. A section may be devoted to list down possible problems with the legislation or inconsistencies with other laws for further debate. Government surveys, committee reports and data from national and international organizations should be sourced for facts and figures.
- Format of Submission: Submissions must be in electronic form only. All submissions must be MS-Word-processed. Main text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with double line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with line spacing 1.15. All pages must be numbered. Endnotes are not allowed.
- Abstract: All submissions must contain an abstract of about 250 to 500 words describing the relevant points of discussion attempted in the paper and the relevant conclusions drawn.
- Headings: The main title should be centred, typed in small capitals and emphasised in bold with font size 14. The sub-titles must be left indented, emphasized in bold with font size 12.
- Citation: The Rules of Citation as prescribed by Oxford University Standard for Citation Of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th edition are to be followed for references and citations. A simplified version of the OSCOLA.
- Co-authoring: is permitted.
- Cover Letter: The cover letter shall contain the name of the author, institutional affiliation, title and category of the submission. Submissions should be sent as attachments with the title of the write-up as the file name in .doc or .docx format only.
- Email address: The Journal accepts only electronic form of submissions which must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identification Details: The body of the write-up must not contain any identification of the author(s) or their institutional affiliation.
The last day for submission for Volume IV is 30th April, 2015.
W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences
12, 'LB' Block, Sector III
Salt Lake City Kolkata - 700 098
Phone: +91 801 3974687