National Seminar on "Corporate Spectrum: Legal Facies"
Faculty of Law, ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education, Hyderabad is pleased to organize a National Seminar on Corporate Spectrum.
Date: 10th - 11th April, 2015
Theme of the Seminar:
The corporate world, with public and private sector players is a significant driving force to accelerate growth of Indian economy, reduction of poverty arid equitable distribution of economic resources to the people. However, in the process it is facing rebuttable hindrances at different levels demanding adjustments and amendments to financial markets and corporate law. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has taken many initiations to promote and facilitate effective corporate functioning and investor protection.
The modern corporate spectrum is subjected to various issues and challenges in the process of facilitation and regulation of the corporate entities which have cascading effect in the investor opportunities and sentiments. The present corporate legal system having the SEBI, Competition Commission of India and RSI as its principle constituents and legal instrument such as Companies Act, 2013 SEBI guidelines and regulations are playing vital role in regulating the capital and financial markets. In this direction, the age old Company Law has taken a transformed shape into the Companies Act, 2013. The new Company Law which focuses mainly on policy, law and regulatory structure has opened new vistas and new spectrum to improve interests of various classes of stakeholders including FDI's and Firs. There is a need to understand the tone of new law for optimum benefits.
This proposed seminar is one of the efforts to understand the new Company Law in its entirety and provide insights to the policy and law makers to strengthen the law further in order to achieve its objective of effective facilitation for the growth of corporate entities. The deliberations and discussions that take place in the seminar shall be of great value for the efficient performance of corporate entities.
- To examine the new policy, corporate law and market trends:
- To analyze the securities regulations in the best interests of stakeholders.
- To facilitate law makers for effective solutions in the areas of taxation and finance of corporate entities.
- To examine various types of investment securities and challenges in the present situation.
- To examine the issues in the modern business corporations and significance of corporate democracy in liberalized economy.
- To provide forum for analytical debate on Corporate Laws.
- To discuss practical implications of the changes in the Corporate Laws
- To discuss the impending challenges and put forth possible solutions.
Sub - Themes:
- Corporate Landscape: New Horizons
- Corporate Structure: A Revisit
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Vivacious Outlook
- Securities Market vs. Investors Confidence
- Corporate Governance: Emerging Dynamics
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Divergent Obligations
- Corporate and Security Frauds: Control Contours
- Shareholders Activism and SEBI
- Corporate Adjudications
- Human Rights aspect of Corporate Laws
Call for Paper:
Teachers, research scholars, students, Institutions, NGO's, members of legal fraternity, state representatives corporate personnel and other relevant organizations are invited to present their paper on the above themes with paper title, name of the author, e-mail, contact number and affiliation. An Abstract of not more than 300 words and full paper not exceeding 5000 words should reach the seminar Co-coordinator as per the prescribed dates.
The write up should be in MS Word, Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Space: 1 .5. Abstract and full paper should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and Legal Practitioners: Rs. 1000/-
- Research Scholars and Students: Rs. 800/-
- Corporate and other Organizations: Rs. 2000/-
Registration fee may be paid through D.D in favour of IFHE payable at Hyderabad. Spot registrations are also encouraged.
The Participants are requested to make their arrangements for travel. No TA and DA will be paid by the organizers. However local hospitality and accommodation will be arranged by the organizers.
Submission of Abstracts:
23rd March, 2015
Submission of Full Paper:
30th March, 2015
Co-coordinator, National Seminar
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law,
ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education, Hyderabad
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org