National Seminar on Role of Ethics, Values and Morality in Law in 21st Century
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) is going to organize the National Seminar on "Role of Ethics, Values and Morality in Law in 21st Century".
Date: 11th April, 2015
Background and Objectives:
Law, ethics, values and morality forms an integral part of the society. Law is omnipresent whereas ethics, values and morality are the inner instinct. Their blend is a requirement for the amicable survival of the society. Ethics, values and morality have been playing phenomenal role in nourishing and building social relations and growth of society. It has tremendous impact in cherishing legal systems all over the world.
In contemporary scenario, society and legal system are facing many ethical, moral and value based issues. The University has been started with a vision of establishing the primacy of laws of eternal values, thus in such a background, it becomes pertinent on the part of the university to examine the contours and role of law in the light of ethics, values and morality.
Role of ethics, values and morality on the following legal issues:
- Right to Life, Euthanasia and Assisted suicide
- International Terrorism
- Surrogacy and Child Rights
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Responsibility
- Employee Rights
Papers are invited on any of the above themes. The above mentioned themes are only broader areas and are not exhaustive. The themes that are not covered above, but have relevance in the thrust area of seminar may also be submitted.
Call for Papers:
Seminar papers are invited from the academicians, researchers, practitioners, students and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broad themes given above. It is proposed that the selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with ISBN number.
Guidelines for Seminar Paper:
The abstract of the paper should contain 300- 350 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his email ID, contact number and official address. Full paper should not be of more than 6000 words. It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1" margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word application in Uniform Citation style.
- Abstract: The abstract of the paper should reach the Coordinator of the conference at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th March, 2015.
- Full Paper: Soft copy of the full paper along with the abstract must reach via e mail to email@example.com on or before 27th March, 2015. A hard copy of the single side printed full paper along with Registration form and demand draft must reach on or before 6th April, 2015 to the Coordinator at the address mentioned below.
Registration fee by demand draft in favour of "Registrar, HNLU, Raipur" payable at Raipur must reach on or before 6th April, 2015.
- Students: Rs.750/-
- Academician & others: Rs. 1000/-
- Co-authors: Rs. 1500/-
*Co-Authors shall not be more than two for a paper
Travel & Accommodation:
- All participants will be provided with Working Lunch, tea/coffee with snacks at the venue of the Seminar.
- No T. A. / D.A. will be provided to the participants by the organizers of the Seminar. The participants are requested to make their own arrangements for travel. The participants are also required to make their own arrangements for accommodation. However, for any assistance participants can contact organizers.
20th March, 2015
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract
22nd March, 2015
Submission of Full Paper
27th March, 2015
Last date of Registration
6th April, 2015
Date of the Seminar
11th April, 2015
National Seminar on Role of Ethics, Values and Morality on Law in 21st Century,
Hidayatullah National Law University,
Naya Raipur - 492002, Chhattisgarh