National Seminar on Implementation of Right to Education (RTE) and Mid-Day-Meal (MDM) Programme: Promises and Challenges
M.P. Institute of Social Science Research is organizing the National Seminar on "Implementation of Right to Education (RTE) and Mid-Day-Meal (MDM) Programme: Promises and Challenges".
Date: 25th - 26th March, 2015
Objectives of the Seminar:
- Overview of Constitutional Provision for Education
- To assess the legal and administrative efforts in making education widespread.
- To analyze the gaps between the laws and practice in the implementation of educational policies
- To appraise the impact of Privatization on Education
- The effectiveness of Mid-Day-Meal scheme towards school enrollment
- Implementation of RTE in Various States
- Constitutional Status - its Positives and Negatives
- Legal Barrier in Implementation (E.g. not conducting exams in 5-8 classes, CCE, ABL, etc.)
- Health Issues (Students who have got enrolled in private schools do not get mid-day-meal under 25 percent category)
- Migrating Community and RTE
- NGOs participation in the implementation of RTE
- Issues of Transportation of ration and vegetables from PDS outlet to schools
- Training of Teachers
- State Perception about RTE
- Nutritional aspect of children in respect of mid-day-meal distribution in schools
- Implementation of mid-day-meal schemes in elementary schools
Submission of Research Paper:
Research paper with the abstract (not more than 600 words) should reach at the office address/emails given below on or before 10th March, 2015. Rail fare up to 2nd AC of the selected paper presenters will be reimbursed on production of valid tickets.
Arrangements of lodging and boarding for invited paper presenters will be made by the Institute in its guest house during the seminar period.
Prof. Sandeep Joshi
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Manu Gautam
M.P. Institute of Social Science Research
(An Autonomous Institute of ICSSR, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India)
6, Professor Ram Sakha Gautam Marg,
Bharatpuri Administrative Zone,
Ujjain - 456 010, Madhya Pradesh