The Academy Law Review (TALR): Call for Papers
Kerala Law Academy is pleased to announce the call for papers for the Academy Law Review 2015
The Academy Law Review seeks submissions under the following categories:
- Articles - which deal with issues of interest and relevance and must demonstrate a high-level of analysis? Articles of a purely descriptive nature, unless about a development in a country or a region which may necessarily be of a descriptive nature, are not preferred. The word length of such Articles should fall within the range of 8,000-10,000 words.
- Notes - which cover a recent development or are issue-specific? The word limit of such Notes will be 8,000 words.
- Comments - which entail a critical analysis of an issue of relevance, including case laws and policy developments? The Word limit of such Comments will be 8,000 words.
- Book Reviews (only solicited by the Editors). The editors however welcome any suggestions from academicians, scholars or publishers for Book Reviews.
- An "Abstract" must precede the body of the manuscript, except in the case of a Book Review.
- The Editors follow the system of citation as prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition), and while it is not imperative, prospective authors are requested to follow the same.
- As a convention, British English shall be followed.
- To facilitate our anonymous review process, please confine your name, affiliation, biographical information, and acknowledgments to a separate cover page. Please include the manuscript's title on the first text page.
- If contributing Authors would like to request an expedited review of their submission then, such authors are supposed to make a separate request to the same effect to the Executive Editor. Please be prepared to provide us with the following information while making the request:
- Manuscript's title;
- Date by which the Author needs an answer;
- Author's phone number and e-mail address.
- All manuscripts submitted which are to be considered for publication in The Academy Law Review [TALR] must be original works and should not have been published elsewhere.
- Authors, upon submission, communicate their acceptance of the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes the property of TALR;
- Permissions for subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works must be obtained from the Editors of TALR.
- In case of submission of an unsolicited manuscript, the submission itself does not secure a right of publication in TALR. Subsequently, if the manuscript is found suitable for publication, as per TALR's standards of quality scholarship, the author(s) will receive a notification of acceptance from the Editors.
- Submission of solicited manuscripts, on invitation from the editors of TALR, guarantees publication of the same. However, in the event that such solicited manuscript does not meet TALR's standards of quality scholarship, final discretion to publish the solicited manuscript vests with the Editors of TALR.
- The Editors reserve the right to send contributions, whether solicited or unsolicited, to referee(s) for evaluation of content and quality, in which case the identities of both the Author and the Referee shall remain confidential (i.e. Double-Blind Peer Review).
- All submissions to TALR need not be topical to the scope and theme of the Journal. [Please visit the website for details regarding the theme]
- The Editors reserve the right to request for copies of any resources or authorities cited in the submitted manuscript. The publication of the manuscript remains subject to the Authors providing such copies.
- All correspondence must be done via e-mail and should be addressed to: email@example.com. It is to be noted that, the subject matter of such a request should be "Query".
Process of Submission:
- Authors are requested to send the electronic version for their manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail should be "Submission".
- The manuscripts should be in either ".doc" or ".docx" format.
- In case the editors feel necessary, they may ask the authors to submit a hard copy of their manuscript, in addition to the electronic copy.
The entries should reach the email id: email@example.com before 5:00 PM on 20th March, 2015.
The Academy Law Review
Kerala Law Academy