Shri Moti Lal Ji Pagariya Memorial 3rd National Seminar on Green Law, Environment and the Climate Change 2015
MATS Law School proudly announces Shri Moti Lal Ji Pagariya Memorial third National Seminar on 'Green Law, Environment and the Climate Change' in MATS University, Raipur Chhattisgarh. The seminar intends to bring together participants from different Law Universities and Colleges in the country to brainstorm their research work in this multi-pronged problem of efficacy of green law to save environment, control pollution and to discuss other related issues.
Date: 13th - 14th March, 2015
Venue: MATS University, Raipur Chhattisgarh.
The seminar shall also encourage the participants in developing links between academics and stakeholders in the different disciplines like law, arts, library, media, community, educational, industrial sectors, government agencies and NGOs. Further it shall explore a range of new researchers in legal framework regulating environment and will try to engage the core group of policy makers in the country.
Theme 1 - Water conservation protection
- Privatization of water in India
- Groundwater contamination/recharge
- Water harvesting measures
- Cross border water sharing dispute in International law
- Linking of rivers in India - The mega projects
- Use of rivers for freight transportation
- Theme 2 - Human health and environmental law
- Compulsory construction of toilets at schools
- Trade in genetically modified food - balancing human health and starvation
- Food starvation as threat to public health
- Theme 3 - Marine biodiversity
- Marine trade and development
- Marine biodiversity and tourism
- Issues of rise in sea level
- Coastal zones management, ecosystem and habitats
- Sustainable fishery and sea food
- Theme 4- Nuclear safety and liabilit
- India's civil liability laws for nuclear damage
- Hyde Act
- Nuclear liability bill and related issues.
- Socio economic issues involved in the development of nuclear power in India
- Safe and sustainable development of nuclear power in India
- Theme 5 - Other contemporary issues
- Protecting endangered species, plants and animals
- Sustainability of natural resources: use vs. utilization
- Protection of forests
- The registration fee for seminar is Rs. 1000/- for a participant and it is required to be paid along with the registration form.
- In case of co-authorship the registration fees is to be paid by both authors separately.
- The registration fee is to be paid through Demand Draft in the favor of "MATS University, Raipur", payable at Raipur.
- The abstract should not be more than 300 words which should reach us on or before 25th February, 2015 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The selection of abstracts would be intimated to the authors by 26th February, 2015.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution and E-mail address. It is mandatory to mention E-mail address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub heading should be in Font Site 12, Bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 5,000 words (including footnotes) Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in form of foot-notes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
- The authors have to submit their Registration Form along with details of Demand Draft electronically via email to email@example.com in the above mentioned format.
- After completion of the seminar all the articles/papers presented in the seminar must be sent to the MATS Law School in hard copy and soft copy format along with required fonts within two months for publication in MATS University Journal, ISSN 2250-3889.
- The selection of the Articles for the publication will be at the discretion of the Editors.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the participants except free accommodation, hospitality and food in the University Campus.
Mr. Akash Kumar
Ms. Jyoti Sharma
Phone: +91-9755368974, +91-7869743249
MATS Law School
MATS University University Campus,
Aarang Kharora Highway, Gullu, Aarang,
Raipur - 493441, Chhattisgarh
Phone: 0771 - 4078994, 4078995, 4078996, 4078998
Website: matsuniversity.ac.in, matslawschool.ac.in