5th Annual National Conference on Protection of Refugees in India
The Legal Aid Society of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata, hereby invites you to participate on its 5th Annual National Conference on "Protection of Refugee Rights in India: An End to Lawless Persecution"
Date: 27th February - 1st March, 2015
Venue: The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Call for Papers:
Pursuant to our goal of sparking off an academic quest for a Nation Refugee Protection Law; the Legal Aid Society is inviting papers for presentation at the conference. The following is an indicative list of themes for presenting papers:
- Refugees and Stateless Persons
- Legal Aid for Refugees: Institutional Infrastructure
- Possibility of Partnerships in Protection of Refugee rights-
- Migration Trends - International Best Practices -
- Role of Non - state entities in Refugee Protection
- Operational Challenges in Refugee Protection: Administrative and Policy Perspective
- Risk relating to resettlement and rehabilitation of refugees
- Forced Returns Policy and its viability in the Indian context.
- Climactic migration
- India's passive refusal to grant refugee status to Rohingya and Afghan immigrants.
The guidelines for the paper presentation are as follows:
- Co-authorship is allowed for up - to 2 authors per submission.
- The papers sent should be original and unpublished.
- Any uniform style of footnoting can be adhered to.
- The prescribed upper word limit is 3000 (exclusive of footnotes).
- The submission must contain a cover page, including the names of the author, the name of the institution and the title of the paper.
- A separate abstract of approximately 300 words must be provided for the article.
- All submissions should be made to email@example.com
Accommodation and local hospitality will be provided to authors whose papers are selected for presentation at the conference.
- Deadline for submission of Articles: 16th January, 2015
- Date of publication of list of Selected Candidates: 23rd January, 2015
Mr. Promit Chatterjee
Convener, Legal Aid Society
Ms. Mansi Jhaveri
Co-Convener, Legal Aid Society
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences,
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Bhawan,
12, LB Block, Sector III,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com