National Seminar on 'Law and Environment Protection: Issues and Challenges'
Faculty of Law, MS University of Baroda is pleased to organize a two-day National Seminar on 'Law and Environment Protection: Issues and Challenges'.
Date: 28th February - 1st March, 2015
Quality of environment determines the quality of life. Clean environment helps in enriching the quality of life. In the past few decades' awareness of the damaging effects of environmental pollution on human beings and their quality of life has increased dramatically. In the hustle-bustle of life, man has almost forgotten nature and has become more and more modernized with the aid of latest scientific and technological developments.
The major environmental concerns of today are noise pollution, air pollution, resulting from industrial development; water pollution from industrial and domestic effluent, soil erosion, deforestation, loss of wild life, ugly landscapes and city slums resulting from a growing population. Similarly, the scientific and technological development has also left its impact on the quality of environment. There are several issues like climate change, depletion in ozone layer, acid rain, biotechnology, bioterrorism, e-waste, etc and its impact on the quality of environment.
Undoubtedly the Indian judiciary has done a yeomen service in protecting the environment, however, at times it has been excessive activist in its approach. The response of the legislature and the role of the executive in protecting the environment need to be revisited. The concern for preserving the quality of life and promoting the environment while undertaking the task of development is very necessary.
Today, the time has come to protect and save our environment. Right to healthy and wholesome environment has been recognised as a human right. This Seminar aims at discussing the various issues, concerns and challenges in environment protection and the role of the law in chalking out the roadmap for future.
- Environment Protection - Legal and Human Rights Perspective
- Climate Change and Global Warming
- Biodiversity and Wild life Protection
- Biotechnology, food security and its impact on Environment
- Sustainable Development and Disaster Management
- E-Waste and its Impact on Environment
- Bioterrorism and its Impact on Environment
- Technology and its impact on Environment
Call for Papers:
Seminar Papers are invited from research scholars, academicians, lawyers and jurists on the above mentioned theme. The Sub-themes are only illustrative in nature and may include any paper covering the major theme of the Seminar. All the authors are requested to submit Copyright form along with the Registration form. Papers selected by the Editorial Committee shall be considered for publication in the Conference Proceedings.
- Research paper should apply research skills and use appropriate research methodology. The Paper should identify proper research problems and reflect the findings.
- Paper should not be more than 5000 words including references and footnotes.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman 12 for the entire text with main title 16 and sub headings 14 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Paper should be submitted along with an Abstract of about 250 words with Keywords.
- Blue Book style (19th Edition) be used for footnotes and references.
- The Paper be sent at email@example.com
- There can be only one co-author.
- Rs. 2500 ( Includes Kit, accommodation, breakfast and lunch )
- Registration fees are to be paid through Demand draft only after the receipt of confirmation of acceptance of paper.
- Each Co-author shall have to register individually
- Accommodation shall be provided in University Guest House on twin-sharing basis from 27th February, 2015 from 2 pm to 1st March, 2015 upto 6 pm.
- No T.A/D.A shall be provided to the participants. The participants are requested to make their own arrangements of travel.
31st January, 2015
Confirmation of acceptance
7th February, 2015
Payment of Registration fees
14th February, 2015
Faculty of Law,
The MS University of Baroda,
Pratapgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat