Certification Course on Patents
The Tamil Nadu Technology Development and Promotion Center, Confederation of Indian Industry along with the National Chemical Laboratory is pleased to organize a two days Certification Course on Patents for Entrepreneurs, Scientists and Engineers.
Date: 30th - 31st January, 2015 (9:00 am - 5:15 pm)
Venue: E-Class Room, Venture Center, 100 NCL Innovation Park , Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune - 411008
This workshop aims to provide students, researchers and practicing scientists and engineers to learn about patents, be able to identify inventions, know how to protect their inventions, understand the patenting process sufficiently to engage with and interact with patent professionals, and strategize its commercialization. This workshop is intended as a rapid two day training program ending with the participants receiving a Certificate of Completion.
- Introduction to intellectual property and, more specifically, patents. Parts of a patent document.
- Identifying inventions. Carrying out preliminary searches using free patent databases to understand patent landscape, patentability etc.
- Integrating IP with research
- Drafting, filing and prosecution
- Protecting inventions outside India. PCT applications. Foreign filings.
- Patent enforcement, infringement, and commercialization.
- Case studies with workshop on planning patent related actions/ decisions.
The workshop shall conclude with a 20 multiple choice question paper. Participants have to attend the course on both days and complete the question papers to earn the "Certificate of Completion".
Who should attend?
- Students of sciences, engineering, pharma, medicine and allied disciplines
- Researchers and inventors with science/ Engineering backgrounds
- Practicing engineers and industrial scientists
- Individual inventors
- Entrepreneurs with knowledge intensive product/ service offerings
- Medium and large companies - Rs 8000/-
- Micro and small enterprises/ individuals - Rs 4000/-
- NCL Staff and Students - Rs 2000/-
- IPFACE members, VC resident incubates, AIP members - Rs 2000/-
The participation is restricted to 50 delegates. We would accept the nominations on first-come-first served basis.
Ms. Lipika Biswas
100, NCL Innovation Park,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune - 411008
Phone: +91-20-25865877, +91-20-64011024
Ms. Sowmiya D.R.