Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal (Vol. 3) / Symbiosis Student Law Review (Vol. 3): Call for Papers
Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal (ISBN: 978-81-8038-840-8) and Symbiosis Student Law Review (ISBN: 978-81-8038-840-5) are double-blind reviewed refereed annual academic journals, published by Faculty of Law, Symbiosis International University through Symbiosis Law School, Pune in association with the International Publishing house LexisNexis which seeks to provide a forum for creation and publication of original knowledge on various contemporary areas of Law. The Editorial Board consists of experts and scholars of International and National repute.
Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal welcomes publications from academicians, practitioners and experts from within the legal community.
Symbiosis Student Law Review is entirely dedicated to articles by undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral students of law.
- International & Humanitarian Law
- Public Law and Governance
- Business Laws
- IPR, Technology and Innovation Laws
- Articles (between 6000-8000 words including footnotes): Articles should provide a sustained analysis of various legal topics. It could be doctrinal or empirical and should comprehensively deal with relevant literature on the chosen subject to formulate viable assertions.
- Short Notes (3000-5000 words including footnotes): Short notes should be shorter versions of articles which should indicate a central thesis and argument flowing throughout the piece. The nature of the note should be analytical and descriptive and should mainly deal with contemporary developments.
- Book Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes): Book Reviews may be solicited and unsolicited pieces which critically examining a book released within the two years preceding the release of the current issue of the SCLJ. The book review shall entail an examination of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, extent of analysis and tenability. Book Reviews shall describe the subject of the review clearly, including the name of the book, the name of the author, the name of the publisher, the date of publication, and, the edition number if applicable.
- Case Comments / Legislative Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes): Case Comments / Legislative Reviews maintained in tandem with the latest legal developments in India. The author can choose a relevant and recent case or legislation (Central or State) to assess critically.
Co-authored papers / Papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than two authors.
- Authors are encouraged to use UK English in submissions.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org for Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal and email@example.com for Symbiosis Student Law Review. Contributors must submit their work in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions), Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing with font size of 12 for main text and 10 for footnotes with single-line spacing. PDF/other formats will not be accepted. Contributors must also submit their work in Hard Copy on intimation from SLS, Pune of the selection of their respective submissions to:
The Publication Committee,
Symbiosis Law School, Survey No. 227,
Plot 11, Rohan Mithila, Opp. Pune Airport,
New Airport Road, Viman Nagar,
Pune - 411014
- The hardcopy should be sent along with the Copyright Declaration attached with the call for papers.
- Contributors are required to provide full details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers and email address. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the write up, followed by the author's name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author's name below the title of the paper. The Submissions should not contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
- The copyright in the individual articles shall be at all times remain vested in contributors and SLS, Pune shall hold copyright over all published materials
- References should be footnoted in Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition format. (Please see the document pertaining to Citation Rules for details)
- The Selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of a contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it. A selection committee shall be set up by Symbiosis Law School to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
- An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the author within two-three weeks of the submission of their papers.
The last date of submission of full paper is 31st December, 2014.
The Publication Committee
Symbiosis Law School Pune
Survey No 227, Plot 11, Rohan Mithila,
Opp. Pune Airport, New Airport Road,
Viman Nagar, Pune - 411014
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (SCLJ), email@example.com (SSLR)
Download Notification, List of Sub-themes, Declaration Form, Citation Rules