National Seminar on "Human Rights: Indian and International Perspective in 21st Century"
Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is pleased to organize the National Seminar on "Human Rights: Indian and International Perspective in 21st Century".
Date: 7th February, 2015
Call for Papers:
Seminar papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to above themes. It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No. Full Papers submitted on or before the deadline shall only be considered for the publication.
Author of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their paper as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar.
Guidelines for Seminar Paper:
An abstract should contain 300 - 350 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his email ID, contact number and official address. Paper should not be of more than 5000 words. It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1" margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. A Uniform Style of Citation must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper. All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent on email id: email@example.com
The seminar will have parallel web conference session available to selected presenters on the prior payment of the Registration Fee. The slots for web conference and the Seminar Programme would be updated on the University websites - www.rgnul.ac.in
Session 1 - Women and Child Rights
- Immoral Trafficking of Women and Children
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
- Constitutional obligations towards Women and Children
- Feminist critique of existing institutions for protection of rights of women and children
Session 2 - Contemporary Perspective on Contextualizing Human Rights
- Development Rights and Human Rights.
- Intercultural/Cross Cultural Legitimacy of Human Rights.
- Global Democracy, Local Democracy and the Rights Discourses.
- Cosmopolitanism and Ecological Refugees Rights.
Session 3 - Living 60 years of UDHR: Conflicting Perspective of Human Rights
- Surveillance: Rights of State vs. Rights of Citizens.
- Right to Health in light of seizure of Generic Drugs.
- Human Rights and Citizenship Rights.
- Recognition of Rights of Refugees.
Session 4 - Human Rights and Counter Terrorism Strategies
- Legitimacy of Drone Attacks in the light of State Sovereignty.
- Extradition and Asylum: A State Discretion
- Preventive Detention of Suspected Terrorists
- Insurgency and Human Rights
Session 5 - Business and Human Rights
- Land Acquisition and Rights of Indigenous People.
- Social Responsibility of MNCs towards society.
- Indian labour law vis a vis International labor standards
- Humanitarian perspective of Business: Protect, Respect & Remedy
Registration fees by demand draft in the name of "Registrar, RGNUL, Punjab" payable at Patiala must reach on or before 15th January 2015 on the address mentioned below. The printed copy of the Article should be submitted at registration desk on 7th February 201 5.
Rs. 700/ -
Rs. 1000/ -
Co - author* :
Rs. 1500/ -
On the spot Registration:
Rs. 2000/ - *
Co Authors shall not be more than two for an Article
Accommodation shall be provided as per availability on payment basis request for which has to be made in advance
Dr. Shilpa Jain
Phone: 0175-2391383, +91-9530585190
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal,
Phone. 0175-2391600/601/602, 0175-2391200