National Seminar on "Shifting Frontiers of Law of Medical Negligence in Consumer Protection Law"
The Centre for Consumer Protection Law and Policy, NUALS is organizing a National Seminar on the topic "Shifting Frontiers of Law of Medical Negligence in Consumer Protection Law".
Date: 14th October, 2014
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited from students/ teachers of law colleges/law schools and universities in connection with the seminar. The topic of the seminar is "Shifting Frontiers of Law of Medical Negligence in Consumer Protection Law".
- Medical mishaps in India and the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and legal and ethical standards of medical care - Issues faced by consumers, medical professionals, hospitals and other stakeholders.
- Factors affecting summariness of consumer fora proceedings - Challenges and issues.
- Advisability of different standards of proof in consumer, civil and criminal proceedings related to medical negligence.
- Frivolous and vexatious medical negligence proceedings - Need for safeguards including proposal for a medical tribunal or alternative medical bodies.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each Article is expected to be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words.
- The word limit for articles is set at 3000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Articles along with abstract must be submitted before 7th October, 2014. Acceptance of articles shall be intimated within two days of receipt.
- Submission must contain a covering letter indicating name of the author(s), institution, e-mail id & contact number.
- By submitting an article, the author is presumed to undertake that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Articles found plagiarized will be summarily rejected.
- Co - authorship is allowed (maximum of 2 authors).
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.pdf formats only.
Mr. Hari Nayar
Mr. Rohit Nandakumar
Student Coordinator, CCPLaP
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies
HMT Colony P.O., Kalamassery,
Kochi - 683 503, Kerala
Download Call for Papers