NUJS - Diploma in Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws
[Please mention in your application that the source of information is from AdvocateKhoj]
National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) is accepting applications for the next batch of its 1-year diploma course on Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws in collaboration with iPleaders.
The course was initially started in 2012 - it is India's most successful comprehensive business laws course and now has over 1000 students from over 10 countries. The course is conducted online and is practically designed, with a number of handy tools such as negotiation and drafting pointers, mindmaps, checklists and videos from industry experts. Candidates who complete the course successfully will receive a diploma from NUJS, Kolkata.
The course has received an astounding response from a large number of litigators, corporate lawyers and working professionals.
Key features of the course:
- Location neutral - Learn from anywhere through an online Learning Management System, seamlessly accessible on web and mobile phones and tablets
- Learn practical aspects of law from India's largest industry-academia panel, comprising of law firm partners, practising advocates, successful entrepreneurs and bureaucrats.
- Robust recruitment and internship assistance program - over 50 opportunities made available in 6 months
- Interact with a peer group of 800 learners (alumni and peers) from 10 countries, with extremely diverse skill sets and experiences, including associates from top law firms such as Amarchand Mangaldas, AZB, startup founders, working professionals in Siemens, TCS, Wipro, L & T, litigators from more than 6 states and law students from over 40 colleges across India.
- Learn at your own pace and time, devote 3-4 hours per week. Interactive videos, templates, checklists, mind-maps, drafting exercises and self-assessment tests make it easy to learn.
- Ask doubts anytime on the discussion forum and interact over webinars with faculty and experts
- No prior knowledge of corporate or business laws is required as the materials are presented in a simple manner, so you can start learning early. At the same time, the material is very unique and in sufficient detail - even those who have studied or interned in a law firm will benefit significantly from the course.
Who is the course designed for and what are its benefits?
- Litigators: Clients often approach litigators for commercial consultancy work. You will notice that many lawyers with a flourishing litigation practice also do some corporate consultancy work. Learning practical aspects of business law can provide you a useful source of supplementary income especially in the early stages when you are starting out as a new litigator.
- In house-counsels: This course will enable you to acquire highly specialized skill-sets such as negotiating and drafting shareholder investment transactions, business structuring, import-export, tax compliance, internal policy frameworks, legal risk management, IP registration, monetization and enforcement techniques, government contracts, etc.
- Lawyers who want to work in commercial law firms or become independent legal consultants for SMEs: This course will help you to understand your work and client expectations better and give you an edge over peers. Demonstrating even a fraction of your skills in an interview is highly likely to impress a recruiting partner, a hiring manager or a CEO.
- Lawyers applying for or pursuing LLM: Having a sense of the legal environment for businesses (especially the practical aspects) in India will give you a better perspective if you are pursuing an LLM in a commercial law subject. Also, LLM courses are the best places to meet a variety of new people, and your understanding of Indian business law can help you in building a stronger network, particularly since India is considered to be a high growth market and India specific business law skills are highly in demand.
- Law Students: You will learn practical skill-sets that are not at all taught in law schools and universities but highly valued at law firms. This is likely to impress recruitment partners at job interviews, seniors will be delighted with your grasping ability at work, you can outperform peers during early stages of your law firm career and at internships and drastically increase chances of converting internships into job offers.
Structuring a Business (including new business structures allowed Companies Act, 2013)
Taxation, basic accounting, import-export and customs duty
Financing Business and Raising Investment
Foreign Direct Investment
Employee Management, Labour Law and Business licenses
Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
Information Technology and Law
Intellectual Property Law and IP Monetisation
Management Practices and Law
Overview of major sectoral and industry-specific legislations
Government Tenders and Contracts
Negotiation and Contract Drafting
Career opportunities after the course:
After pursuing the course, you will be in a better position to:
- Serve your own clients as self-employed business lawyers.
- Impress recruiters from top corporate law firms and Fortune 500 companies
- Work for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) or seek employment in companies for in-house counsel positions
- Litigators can create a steady alternative sources of income
- Handle regulatory litigation
- Develop persuasive arguments pertaining to commercial litigation matters in courts, with sectoral regulators and arbitral tribunals
Recruitment and internship assistance program with an external panel of industry experts is a distinguishing feature of this course.
Class XII pass (so that undergrad students are not excluded from the benefit of this learning).
The course fee is INR 30,000 which can be paid in two instalments. You may enrol by paying the first instalment of INR 15,000 right away along with a post-dated cheque of INR 15,000 dated 1st March, 2017. The post-dated cheque will be encashed by us only in the month of March, 2017. You can also choose to pay the entire amount at one go.
Enrolment for the current batch is now open - Enroll before 15th September, 2016.
All the tests will be conducted online. A grading system will distinguish top performers. There may be an online drafting exercise or a viva voce (depending on NUJS' decision for the batch) - the viva can be either given over Skype with an NUJS faculty or in person at NUJS.
Here is what some of the best students have to say: http://startup.nujs.edu/#portfolio