The LegalEra Companies Act Forum 2014
We are pleased to inform you about The LegalEra Companies Law Forum 2014. The conference plans to amalgamate the concerns and inputs on the Rules of the new Companies Act by assessing whether the modern Companies Act is line with the commercial requirements of modern corporate India or does it have some shortcomings. The theme is Company Law Forum - 'New Company Law vis-à-vis New India and New Governance - The Changing Dynamics.'
Date: 25th September, 2014
Venue: Palladium Hotel, Mumbai
The conference is well addressed by Mr. Bharat Vasani, Group General Counsel, TATA Group as Chairperson of the conference.
Key Discussion Areas:
- Independent Directors - are they truly independent?
- Related Party Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisition (M & A)
- Capital Raising an uphill task
- Foreign Companies Investing in India what they need to worry about?
- Class action suits - a way to hinder corporate fraud?
- Impact of Women as Director to companies
This conference presents you with a unique forum for industry, which involves discussions for understanding companies act as well as business and legal perspective with an aim to strike a balance between growth of new policy and traditional one. The forum aims at clearing the air for the like minded in the industry on whether they should take an experimental route or should it just go with the flow!
Chief Guest: Justice B.N Srikrishna, Former Judge Supreme Court of India
- Mr. Bharat Vasani, Group General Counsel, Tata Group
- Mr. Nesar Ahmed, Registrar, Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Mr. M.K. Sharma, Former General Counsel, Wipro Technologies
- Ms. Rupa Vora, Group Director & CFO, IDFC Alternatives
- Mr. Nilanjan Sinha, General Counsel, GE Capital India
- Mr. Ashok Chabbra, Former Executive Director, Procter and Gamble India Ltd
- Mr. Nowshir Mirza, Professional Independent Director
- Ms. Hetal Desai, Legal Head - South Asia, GroupM
- Ms. Deepika Chaudhry, Executive Director Legal, Xerox India Limited
Why should attend?
- This Conference aims at bringing out various merits and demerits, if any, involved in the New Company Act
- It considers the implications for companies, directors and shareholders and their professional advisors of the evolving national and international framework of best practice guidelines on corporate governance practice.
Standard Fee: Rs. 15,000/- per Person
10% Discount will be provided on Group Registrations (More than 2 Members)
Ms. Anita Rodrigues
Mr. Vivek Pandey
Ms. Jayshree Sharma