FICCI - Online Certificate Course on Competition Law & Intellectual Property Rights (IPComp)
[Please mention in your application that the source of information is from AdvocateKhoj]
The registration for the September October 2014 session of the Online Certificate Course on Competition Law & Intellectual Property Rights (IPComp) by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is open till 30th September, 2014.
Course Duration: 2 Months
Objective of Course:
The objective of the course is to make students and professionals learn about complex international legal environment in which multinational corporations and businesses operate. Through several case studies, the course introduces some practical legal concepts, pitfalls and compliances that are needed by today's businesses to comply with Competition Law, IPRs and their legal linkages.
This advance course provides dual benefits of learning Competition Law & IPRs challenges faced by Corporations when they expand in an organic or non-organic manner into new territories, markets and products.
Importance of Course:
Any business and legal decision of a modern day corporations are intertwined. As distinction between roles in the office of CEO and General Counsel diminishes, it is important to understand and learn the complex legal environment created due to laws such as IPRs, Competition Laws (Anti-Trust) and their interface. With opening of Indian markets in almost all sectors, the present course teaches on aspects of how the modern day businesses protect and comply with IPRs and Competition Laws.
The Conduct of the Online Course would be divided into 2 stages:
- Stage 1: Study Material to be provided to students downloadable in PDF file. FORUM to enable participants to raise queries to IP Expert and also to interact with other participants. The queries raised by participants would be responded by IPR Experts.
- Stage 2: Online Examination and issuance of certificates.
Module I - Introduction to the Course
- Introduction on Competition and Competition Law
- Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights
- Intersection of IPR and Competition Law
Module II - Legal Framework of Competition in India
- Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices (MRTP) Act, 1969
- 1999: Raghavan Committee on MRTP Act
- The Competition Act, 2002
- Differences Between MRTP Act, 1969 & Competition Act 2002
Module III - Abusive/Anti-Competitive Practices which attract Competition Law
- Anti - Competitive Agreements
- Abuse of Dominant Position
- Combinations including Mergers & Acquisitions
- Anti-Competitive Practices Involving IPR
Module IV - Competition Law: International Perspective
- Summary of Competition Laws of USA, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Japan
Module V - Synchronization of Patent Law & Competition Law with specific Reference to Pharmaceutical Industry
Module VI - Case Studies
The Course may be pursued by the any student or industry professional.
- For students : Rs. 4500/-
- For Industry Professionals : Rs. 6000/-
- For Others : Rs. 6000/-
While submitting your registration form, please mention that you heard about this course from AdvocateKhoj. In the column 'Source of Information about Course', please select 'Website/Social Networking Websites/Blogs' and fill "AdvocateKhoj".
The last date for registration is 30th September, 2014.
Ms. Kartika Suhag
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Federation House, Tansen Marg,
New Delhi - 110 001
Phone: +91-9717877736, 011-23487477
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com