NLUJ Law Review: Call for Submissions
The National Law University Jodhpur Law Review invites original and previously unpublished manuscripts across various legal studies and disciplines from law students, professors, practicing lawyers, and other members of the legal fraternity. Contributions are currently invited for Volume 3, Issue 1.
About the Journal:
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in India up by several notches. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed, and student-edited journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing.
The Review aims to publish articles on all aspects of law, and though special emphasis is placed on contemporary developments, the Review's range includes jurisprudence and legal history.
Objectives of the Journal:
Beyond contributing to the legal academia, the Review realizes the growing paradox in legal scholarship, in that; most journals have increasingly focused on being published rather than being read. The Review believes that legal scholarship will only truly realize its raison d'Ítre when it plays a more tangible role in the lives of students, professors, lawyers and judges. Thus, the Review is committed to the cause of increasing the readability of published legal scholarship and relieving it of some of the esotericism it seems to have acquired.
Nature of Submissions:
We welcome submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (5000 - 15000 words, including footnotes): The articles category is designed to include both short and long works to provide an opportunity for all those interested in law, whether as academics, research scholars, practitioners or students, to keep abreast with new ideas and the progress of legal reform. The research articles should contain a comprehensive study and should provide a sustained analysis of various legal topics. The author's stand on the issue(s) should be expressed with clarity. All articles should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 250 words.
- Short Notes and Comments (2000 - 3000 words, including footnotes): An important feature of the Review is the 'Notes and Comments' section, in which the authors analyze recent judicial decisions, new legislation, and current law reform proposals. Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- Book reviews (2000-2500 words, including footnotes): The Review will also assess recently published books in every issue. The books are selected keeping in mind that one of the mandates of NLUJ Law Review is to promote quality scholarship especially of young Indian academics and scholars whether based in India or abroad whose works are often given lesser credit then they deserve in the Indian legal academia. The book review shall entail an examination of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, extent of analysis, and tenability.
- Authors shall make all submissions (articles, book reviews and notes/comments) in Word format ('.doc' or '.docx') as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject 'Submission of manuscript'. PDF/other formats will not be accepted.
- The main text of the paper should be in font size 12, Garamond, 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in font size 10, Garamond, 1.0 line spacing. Legal maxims should be in italics.
- Text and citations should conform to A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010) ("The Bluebook"). Footnotes are strongly preferred over endnotes.
- Co-authoring of papers is permissible only for 'Articles'. Co-authored papers/papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than two authors.
- All works must be original and unpublished. The submissions should not be plagiarized wholly or in part from any sources.
- No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- Please indicate your name, contact number and any other information you deem important, in the body of your email. Your name, affiliation or any other identifying information should not be included in any part of the submission.
- All questions and queries can be addressed to email@example.com.
The last date for submission is 31st August, 2014.