Journal on Governance (Issue VIII): Call for Papers
Centre for Governance is a research hub under the rubrics of National Law University, Jodhpur, dedicated to research and development of governance standards for the corporate world. To this end, the centre has been instrumental in making recommendations to India's securities market regulator, the Securities and Exchange Board of India, on regulatory reforms and various consultation publications.
The Journal on Governance offers a forum for critical research on interplay of contemporary corporate governance issues with other disciplines, including, inter alia, law, management and societal studies. Aside to highlighting the problems and the challenges, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful in regulatory and policy decisions.
Continuing with its perseverance, the Centre proposes the VIII issue of the Journal now. For the forthcoming issue, the Center will be delighted to receive your contribution on any of the sub-themes under the broad theme of "Evolving Dynamics of Governance.
- Diversity in Board Rooms
- Whistle Blower Policy - whether viable?
- ESOPs and Independent Directors - the debate unsettled
- Succession Plan for Efficient Governance
- Checks and balances of Related Party Transactions
- The acceptable length of Articles is 5000 words, and of notes and comments is 3000 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- The Article should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing and 1 inch margins on each side. Authors should follow Harvard Blue Book Footnoting style. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation in the covering letter for the submission. Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection. The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the editors in this regard shall be final.
- The deadline for receipt of submissions is 15th August, 2014. Submissions will be reviewed by end of August/ early September. Authors of the shortlisted submissions will be intimated regarding the same.
- Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts (.doc or .docx format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as "Submission- [Name of Author]- VIII Issue." The document name must be in the following format "[Name of Authors(s)]-[Title of submission]." All queries may be addressed to the Editor on the aforementioned email address.
Prof. (Dr.) U.R. Daga
Professor and Dean
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Notification, Guidelines