CPSLR-NUALS GIRI & GIRI National Legal Research Essay Competition 2013-14
The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR), The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) in association with GIRI & GIRI (Advocates and Solicitors), New Delhi is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual CPSLR-NUALS GIRI & GIRI Legal Research Essay Competition 2013-14.
- Full time LL.B. / LL.M. / P.G. Diploma (Law) Students of any College, University, Law School, in India may participate in the competition.
- Entries of students from other Professional Programmes who study Law as a subject may also be accepted at the discretion of the organizers.
Topic: De-Criminalising Indian Parliamentary Democracy
Joint authorships are permitted (Maximum of two authors).
- The first page of the submission shall be a covering letter indicating the name of the author(s), designation, affiliation, e-mail id, mobile number and full postal address with Pincode (for delivery of certificate/ award, if eligible). The author's name or affiliation shall not be mentioned anywhere else on the entry for the competition. There shall also be a signed undertaking (affix scanned image of signature) by the author(s) that the entry is not offered elsewhere for publication or for competition.
- All entries must have a separate title indicative of the content of the essay. The title shall be distinct and not a verbatim copy of the topic headline.
- The main text of the essay shall be prefaced with an abstract of not more than fifty words.
- Contents must be typed neatly on A4 size page without any fancy embellishments like page or text borders.
- Word Limit: 3000 - 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes, exclusive of abstract).
- Main text: Times New Roman, font size 12, single line spacing, 6pts paragraph spacing.
- Foot notes: Times New Roman, font size 10, single line spacing, no paragraph spacing.
- All submissions must be word processed and compatible with any version of Microsoft Word 2007 upwards. Only *.doc or *.docx files will be entertained. No *.pdf files will be accepted.
- All submissions shall be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic as the subject line. Hardcopies or any other submission methods will not be entertained as a valid entry to the competition.
Please note that there is no entry fee. The top ranked fifty entries shall be emailed a scanned copy of certificate of participation issued by the organizers.
- First Prize: Rs. 10000
- Second Prize: Rs. 5000
- Third Prize: Rs. 2500
The last date for receipt of entries by email is 20th February, 2014.
Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms,
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies,
HMT Colony P.O., Kalamassery, Cochin 683503.