CIRC Essay Competition on Competition Policy and Law; Economic Regulation
CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) is organizing a national level essay competition for post-graduate students from any discipline of social science.
Since the last decade of 20th century, there is a global surge in adoption of competition policy and economic regulation in developing economies. It is believed that effective competition and independent regulation together contribute to economic growth and welfare, while creating an atmosphere that favours change, innovation and improvement. Technocratic nature of these reforms necessitates structured capacity-building to fill the knowledge and awareness gap. With that objective, the essay competition is designed to encourage intellectual discourse and sensitise the students on Competition Policy & law and Economic Regulation in India.
To promote creativity, the contest suggests following broad themes, under the two categories.
|Competition Policy and Law
- Evolving Competition Regime: Implications for Market Structure
- Emerging Trends in Competition law Compliance: Role of Competition Commission of India
- Intellectual Property and Competition Law
- Evolution of Independent Regulation in Infrastructure Sectors
- Regulatory Challenges and Opportunities in Key Infrastructure Sectors (Electricity, Telecom, Water & Transport)
- Public Private Partnership for Infrastructure Development
Students who have successfully completed three years of five year integrated degree programmes are eligible. There is no participation fee. Three best essays from each category will be awarded with attractive cash prizes and commendation certificates, in a specially organised event. The selected essays shall be published by CI RC in an appropriate format.
The last date for submission is 15th March, 2014.
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition
R-75, First Floor, Greater Kailash 1,
New Delhi - 110048
Download Guidelines, Verification Form, Declaration of Authorship