The A38 Journal of International Law (Vol. 3, Issue 1): Call for Submissions
The A38 Journal of International Law (ISSN 2277-9361) is a quarterly academic journal, published online, that seeks to provide an international forum for the publication of articles in the field of International Law.
The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume 3, Issue 1, which will be published April, 2014. We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community.
We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position. The Volume 3, Issue 1 will be devoted to the broad theme of "Public International Law".
We welcome submissions under the following categories, with ballpark figures for word limits:
- Articles (between 6000-10000 words including footnotes)
- Short Notes (3000-6000 words including footnotes)
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
- Case Commentaries (3000-5000 words including footnotes)
Co-authored papers / Papers with multiple authors are welcome.
- Each Article must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. The abstract must be in a separate word document.
- No abstract is required for Short Notes, Book Reviews or Commentaries.
- For Book Reviews, you must describe the subject of the review clearly, including the name of the book, the name of the author, the name of the publisher, the date of publication, and, if applicable, the edition number.
- Please provide Author details with your submission, including qualifications and institutional affiliations. These details are to be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author's name.
- All work must be original. By submitting any work, the author is presumed to declare that the article is original and has not been published elsewhere.
- All articles must be submitted only in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions).
- No borders, cover pages or title pages are required. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the piece, followed by the author's name.
- References must be footnoted. All references must be cited in simple text. No formatting is required for the citations.
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form, and are to be sent to email@example.com
Submissions are promptly acknowledged within a few hours of the receipt of submission.
The decision on publication takes a minimum of 2 - 3 weeks after the deadline. Requests for expedited review can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org when the submission is being considered for publication by other journals.
Should you request expedited review, please mention the name of the journal for which your article is under consideration, along with the name and e-mail address of one contact person on the Editorial Board of that journal and a date by which you expect our response.
All submissions for the current issue must be submitted on or before 28th February, 2014.
Ms. Kirthi Jayakumar