Diploma in Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Law
Enrollment for the fourth batch of the Diploma in Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws offered by NUJS, Kolkata in association with iPleaders is now open.
The one year diploma course in Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws was started in 2012 with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and the legal industry. It is the country's first comprehensive course on business laws which is universally accessible, and has been extremely successful with over 600 students spread across 8 countries due to its focus on practical aspects.
The course aims to impart practical legal skills in business law. So far, an exciting mix of entrepreneurs, managers, decision-makers, working professionals, law students, practicing advocates and even civil servants have taken up this course, which has greatly added to the quality of discussion and interaction.
The course is conducted in collaboration with iPleaders, a legal education venture which is working on re-engineering legal education to make it accessible to everyone.
This diploma course is conducted online and is entirely location-neutral. Candidates are not required to travel to Kolkata, and can learn at their own pace and time. Candidates who successfully complete the course will be issued a diploma from NUJS, Kolkata, one of the best law schools in the country.
Key features of the course:
- Location neutral - Learn from anywhere through an online Learning Management System, seamlessly accessible on web and mobile phones and tablets
- Learn practical aspects of law from India's largest industry-academia panel, comprising of lawyers from top law firms, practising advocates, successful entrepreneurs and bureaucrats.
- Robust recruitment and internship assistance program - over 50 opportunities made available in 6 months
- Interact with a peer group of 600 learners from 8 countries, with extremely diverse skill sets and experiences, including associates from top law firms such as Amarchand Mangaldas, AZB, startup founders, working professionals in Siemens, TCS, Wipro, L & T, litigators from more than 6 states and law students from over 40 colleges across India.
- Learn at your own pace and time, devote 3-4 hours per week. Interactive videos, templates, checklists, mind-maps, drafting exercises and self-assessment tests make it easy to learn.
- Ask doubts anytime on the discussion forum and interact over webinars with faculty and experts
- No prior knowledge of corporate law is required, so you can start learning early. Even those who have studied or interned in a law firm will benefit significantly from the course.
- Litigators who want to create an alternate stream of income (through transactional advisory services), build clients
- Lawyers and law students who want to build practical skills, excel at law firm interviews and interships,
- Lawyers who want to build a solo practice or start out on their own
- Entrepreneurs, startup founders, MBA and commerce students, decision makers and working professionals
Recruitment and internship assistance program and an external panel of industry experts is a distinguishing feature of this course.
- Module I: Structuring a Business
- Module II: Corporate Governance
- Module III: Management Practices and Laws
- Module IV: Financing Business and Raising Investment
- Module V: Employee Management and Labour Law
- Module VI: Information Technology and Law
- Module VII: IPR Law -Trademark, Patent, Copyright, Trade Secrets & Integrated Circuits
- Module VIII: Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Module IX: Taxation, basic accounting, import-export and customs duty
- Module X: Overview of major sectoral and industry-specific legislations
- Module XI: Government Tenders and Contracts
Teaching Methodology and Certification:
The Diploma course for Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws is an online course which will be conducted through our Learning Management System (LMS).
All the study material which includes text, videos, drafting exercises, templates and regular tests will be available only within the LMS and can be accessed using your login id for the LMS. There will be monthly live online discussion and doubt-clearing sessions.
We will also have one offline session over a weekend selected cities where industry leaders and corporate lawyers will be invited to speak to the students. These sessions will be held in the cities with high student enrolments.
Video recordings of the key parts of the offline sessions will be made available on the LMS. Attendance is not mandatory for the offline sessions.
All the tests will be conducted online. There will be a viva voce which can be either given over Skype with an NUJS faculty or in person at NUJS.
Class XII pass (so that undergrad students can enroll)
The course fee is INR 24,000 which can be paid in lump sum or two installments. You may enroll by paying the first installment of INR 14,000 right away along with a post dated cheque of INR 10,000 dated 1st June 2014. The post-dated cheque will be encashed by us only in the month of June. You can also choose to pay the entire amount at once.
Download Course Structure