7th NUJS Parliamentary Debate Tournament, 2014
The Literary and Debating Society of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata is pleased to invite your institution for the 7th NUJS Parliamentary Debate Tournament, 2014.
Date: 24th - 27th January, 2014
Asians 3-on-3 format of Debate
The tournament shall be open. For the sake of clarification, this means that any three individuals may form a team and participate at the tournament, It is not necessary that they belong to the same institution or any institution at all. This same rule applies for independent adjudicators as well.
- Deep Rao Palepu (NUJS)
- Sachintha Dias (ex-FOLC, Colombo)
- Ambar Bhushan (NLUD)
- Mabroor Wassey (University of Dhaka)
We are mindful of the fact that this has come to be a contentious issue on the debating circuit and are therefore working hard to ensure that it is substantial as well as paid in a timely manner. At this stage it stands at Rs. 1,50,000/-, we will keep you posted on any changes in the same.
- Registration for the tournament is now open at http://7thnujspd.fastrego.com/
- In case you have any doubts on how to register please visit http://on.fb.me/FastRego-Howto or do feel free to contact any member of the Literary and Debating Society.
- The registration fee for each Indian Debater or Adjudicator will be Rs. 2000/- per person. The fee for International Debaters or Adjudicators is shall be $70 per person.
Registrations will close on 25th December, 2013. We have a team cap of 70 teams and permit up to 3 teams per institution.
We hereby also invite applications from experienced debaters to send in their debate and adjudication CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org to avail of the travel and registration subsidy that we are offering. These applications shall be forwarded to members of core, they shall decide on whom to subsidize.
As with each edition of the tournament, we look forward to international teams participating at the tournament. We request all international teams to remember to fill out their passport details in the registration forms so that we can send you invitation letters as soon as possible for the purpose of procuring your visas.
Mr. Udit Misra
Phone: +91 9871780137