Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition - 2014
The Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition - 2014 shall be held from 7th - 9th February, 2014 at JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road, Kuvempunagar, Mysore. Prof. K S Suresh, Principal, will be the National Administrator.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five year course during the current academic year interested in Tax, Corporate and Commercial Laws and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. Students who have completed their law/Company Secretary/Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Member Swapping: For the Semi-final and the Final rounds teams shall be permitted to request participants from other teams to plead before the court on their behalf. That participant shall however still retain his/her individual code and shall address the court accordingly. In the event a team, which has exercised such an option, wins the competition that particular participant shall receive 1/4th of the prize money and a winning certificate from the organisers.
Online registrations are open from 23rd October, 2013. The teams must register online by 8th January, 2014.
Teams will have to register online at www.moot.in
Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 15th January 2014 8:00PM. A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/ institution / university duly signed by any one of the following:- Faculty-in-charge of MCS/MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year / semester in which studying, representing the college/ institution / university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process.
Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
Registration particulars as soft copy may also be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com marked as SURANA & SURANA NATIONAL CORPORATE LAW MOOT REGISTRATION as the subject of the mail latest by 8th January, 2014.
The participants are required to send the hard copy of the approval/ registration letter to Administrator, JSS Law College so as to reach before 22nd January, 2014.
- food and
- transport between the hostel / hotel and the competition venue to the participating teams will be provided by JSS Law College, Mysore.
The name and mobile number of the student volunteers in charge of transport / accommodation will also be made available after finalization. Teams should fill in their travel plan in the sheet available on page 9 positively so as to reach by 5.30 p.m. on 22nd January, 2014.
Head, Family Business Practice
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Moot Court Coordinator
Phone: 044 - 2812 0000
Fax: 044 - 2812 0001
Chairperson, Moot Court Committee,
JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road,
Kuvempunagar, Mysore - 570 023
Phone: 0821 - 2548244
Fax: 0821 - 2548243
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Download Invitation, Moot Case, Rules