Jagriti - Online Certificate Course on Corporate Social Responsibility
Jagriti is a Non-Governmental Organisation which works for the amelioration of the poor and oppressed section of society.
In today's economic and social environment, issues related to social responsibility and sustainability are gaining more and more importance, especially in the business and legal sector. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) can be understood as a management concept but its dimension is deep rooted in Legal Regime. Jagriti is offering a certificate course on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The purpose of this Certificate Course is to provide students, Lawyers, NGOs, International Organizations and Governments who are currently involved in CSR, or would like to get involved in CSR an experience-based, integrative exposure to this emerging and dynamic field of business practice. Jagriti's CSR certificate course is a first of its kind of course; it blends both legal and management dimensions of CSR.
This course will provide practical knowledge and insight one needs in improving decision making, leverage partnerships, managing risk, and measuring performance
The course aims to address the needs of professionals in private companies, Students (U.G and P.G), Lawyers, NGOs, International Organizations and Governments who are currently involved in CSR, or would like to be involved in CSR, and wish to apply and embed the concept of CSR in their institution.
Appearing Graduates/Graduates/ Post Graduates in any field/Corporates/NGO Professionals/ Government Employees
Admissions open and will be on first come first serve basis.
This e-Learning course provides participants with
- compulsory reading materials;
- additional reading materials;
- bibliography of references
- external links to internet resources;
- a quiz at the end of the course to test the understanding, and also for the purpose of final assessment
- online Group discussions on relevant topics, problems; are also a part of the course structure.
This course schedules an involvement of 40-hours over a period of 8- weeks and provides the participants with a number of articles which reflect their social and economic surroundings, particularly. Along with this, case studies and analysis upon those are offered too. By the end of this course, the aim is to generate better understanding among students on the issues relating to the need for CSR. They should also be competent enough to explain alternative definitions, their strengths and limitations.
There is a quiz at the end of the course which intends to help the learners self-assess their level of command. Learners, who obtain a final score of 50% or more, will be awarded with a certificate of completion.
- Definition Of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Historical Evolution of the Concept of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Social Responsibility in 20th Century
- Study of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Push Factor to Engage in CSR Activities
Ethical Consideration, Employee Motivation, Risk Management or Risk Reduction, Reduction in Operating Cost Leading to Higher Productivity and Quality, Reduced Regulatory Oversight, Consumer Demand.
- Core Focus Areas of Corporate Social Responsibility Activities
- Health Care, Environment Protection, Labour Welfare, Anti-Corruption, Rural Empowerment, Women Empowerment, Education
- International Policies and guidelines relating To Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Indian Guidelines, Principles and Norms related to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Companies Act and Corporate Social Responsibility
Last Date for Enrollment and Payment of Course Fees:
10th November, 2013
Dispatch of Study Material:
25th November, 2013
Course Starts at:
2nd December, 2013
1st week of February, 2014
3rd week of February, 2014
- Students (UG & PG): Rs. 1,500/-
- Professionals & Academicians: Rs. 2,500/-
- International Students:
- Other Than Commonwealth Countries: $50/-
- Commonwealth Countries: $40/-
Online Application Form:
54/F Strachey Road,
Download Offline Application Form