Christ University National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2013
School of Law, Christ University (Constitutional Law Committee) is organizing a National Level Essay Writing Competition.
- Death Penalty - Is It Ever Justified?
- Judicial Activism v. Judicial Restraint: The Indian Disarray
- Guarding the Guardians - Need for Stronger Judicial Accountability?
- Is Constitution on par with the Philosophy of Intellectual Property Rights?
- Retrospective Amendments - Constitutionally Legitimate?
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words, and a title and keywords must be attached.
- The essay should not be less than 3,000 and more than 6,000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- It is advised that Bluebook 19th edition be followed.
The participant should send his/her essay as an attachment in .doc format with subject "Constitutional Law Essay Competition: 2013"
- Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, nationality, address, email-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author.
- Co authorship is allowed for the maximum of 2 students.
- The essay should be original work of the authors and should not have been published in any form or manner before. Christ University will not be responsible for any claims made by any parties regarding copyright infringements in the works submitted by authors.
- First Prize: Rs. 15,000
- Second Prize: Rs. 10,000
- Third Prize: Rs. 7,500
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman.
- 1.5 intercellular spaces.
- A footer numbering pages as "page a of y" on right side of each page.
The last date of submission is 30th October, 2013.
All original works submitted for this competition shall assign their copyright to Christ University, which shall become the sole proprietor of the works submitted.
Ms. Nandita Bose
Phone: +91 9916579431