Wolters Kluwer Certified Legal Practitioner (WKCLP) Course
The 4-week WK Certified Legal Practitioner (WKCLP) course is a combination of in-class instruction sessions and online practice simulations that will prepare you for future career opportunities with Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) companies by introducing you to:
- U.S. law and legal structure.
- Essential skills in legal research and writing, and document mark-up and review.
- In-depth coverage of intellectual property and professional responsibility.
Wolters Kluwer has partnered with OKS Legal Solutions, a company with a long history of connecting skilled attorneys with successful law firms in the U.S. In addition to the in-depth instruction in U.S. legal concepts, WKCLP will engage experienced local course administrators with "real-world" experience and a background in legal process outsourcing to offer practical guidance.
Date: 12th October, 2013 (Session 1); 16th November, 2013 (Session 2)
Venue: India International Centre, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
At the completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a digital badge that can be placed on your C.V. or social networking pages to verify your accomplishment.
- Overview of Legal Structure
- U.S. System of Government
- The Common Law in the United States
- The Anatomy of the Civil Litigation Process
- Distinctions with India
- Introduction to Legal Research
- Developing a Research Plan
- Westlaw/Westlaw Next
- LexisNexis/Lexis Advance
- Case Research
- Statutory Research
- Secondary Source Research
- Briefing and Synthesizing Cases
- Interpreting Statutes
- The Writing Process
- Writing an Office Memo
- Writing Briefs
- Legal Citation
- Contract Drafting
- E Discovery
- Relating to Litigation
- Contract Review
- Introduction to Copyright
- Introduction to Trademark and Trade Secret
- Introduction to Patents
- Patent Research
- Data Privacy