Patent Search & Analytics Training (PATSAT) - 2013
A two day training programme on Patent Information Retrieval & Patent Analytics offers a unique opportunity to receive hands-on Patent Searching experience under the guidance of experience patent search professionals. The training workshop is being conducted as a part of APTDC-Cil's ongoing initiative to create a "strong IP ecosystem" through capacity building, IP Training, and Management.
Date: 13th - 14th September, 2013
Venue: Hyderabad, India
- Develop an understanding of the concepts of Patent Information Sources and learn about recent developments and best practices in this field.
- Learn various types of patent searching and its role in making strategic decisions.
- Create a platform for Industry and Institutes to learn various aspects of Patent Searching.
- To learn best Practices in Patent Analytics through hands on case studies.
Why should you attend?
The training programme is aimed at addressing the requirement of a wide range of participants such as novice searchers, patent practitioners and search professionals. By working in small technologically distinct groups, you will receive individualized feedback on Patent Searching strategies, as well as learn practical techniques which will help in developing more precised approach. It provides
- Basic of Patent Searching
- Concept understanding
- Identification of Search Terms
- Construction of Search Strategies-logic and syntax
- Selection of Relevant records
- Identification of classification codes (US, ECLA, CPC)
- Hand on experience on different patent databases search facilities and coverage.
- Demonstrations in searching across multiple domains (mechanical, chemical, Biotechnology, Biomedical, electrical, Electronics etc)
- Provide test cases to participants
- One to One training
Who should attend?
This program is designed for private or corporate IP practitioners with patent experience who wish to improve their prior art searching skill & understanding the difference while performing different types of patent searches. Participants will have the opportunity to concentrate for two days on the specialized skills required in their technological area. This training IS also designed for professors, researchers and administrators and faculties of management science who seek a working knowledge of Patent Search
- Basics of IP Search
- Patent databases-Coverage & Features
- Understanding Prior Art
- Patentability Search
- Freedom to Operate Search
- Validation Search
- Patent Alerts
- Tracking of Patent Status
The registration fee for the workshop is Rs 10,000/- (plus taxes),
Mr. Shailendra Kumar
Executlve - IPR,
Andhra Pradesh Technology Development & Promotion Centre
Plot No 7, 2nd Floor,
Regal House, Motilal Nehru
Nagar, Begumpet, Hyderabad 500016,
Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone: +9140-27765835/837, +91-8106-5858-39
Download E-Flyer, Registration Form