ASSOCHAM Series of National Seminar on "SERVICE TAX"
ASSOCHAM has always been a frontrunner in disseminating vital information and taking the cause of the member of trade and industry to the government, especially in the case of taxation related matters. ASSOCHAM has received several issues on new service tax regime from trade and industry which need clarification or reconsideration by the Government to remove implementation difficulties.
In order to bring greater awareness about the new tax system and to provide clarifications across the table, ASSOCHAM is organizing a series of National Seminar on Service Tax at New Delhi and Mumbai as per the following schedule:
18th July, 2013
09.30 - 16.30
The Lalit, Barakhamba, Connaught Lane, New Delhi
25th July, 2013
09.30 - 16.30
Courtyard by Marriot Mumbai International Airport, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai
Aim of the Seminar:
- Sharing of knowledge and experience on new Service Tax Regime and other significant issues related to indirect taxes among participants and experts.
- To provide real time clarity to the participants from senior tax administrators on the provisions of new service tax regime.
- Direct feedback to the Government on issues raised at the Seminar by participants from various industry segments and professionals and seek resolution.
Issues to be Discussed:
These national level Seminars will cover the following topics:
- Service Tax - Issues arises from the definition of service
- Service Tax Voluntary Compliance Encouragement Scheme (VCES), 2013
- Prosecution, Non - bailable offences & Power to Arrest
- Negative list of services & issues
- Declared Services - Issues
- Place of provision of service and issues
- Reverse Charge Mechanism & Issues
- Issues in Cenvat Credit Rules
- How to handle Audit, Investigation, Search and Inquiry by multiple wings of Service Tax and Excise department
- Burning issues in Point of Taxation Rules
Smt. Lipika Majumdar Roy Choudhary, Member Service Tax, CBEC, Shri Sushil Solanki, Commissioner Service Tax, Mumbai-I and Shri R. Sekar, Commissioner Service Tax, Mumbai-II have already cosented to address the Seminar in Mumbai. We have requested Shri P K Mohanty, Joint Secretary, TRU-I, CBEC to share his important views with the participants at Delhi. The seminar will also be addressed by the following experts from the Tax profession.
- Mr. Nihal Kothari, Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council of Indirect Tax
- Mr. J K Mittal, Co-Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council of Indirect Tax
- Mr. Ravindran Pranatharthy, Advocate-Indirect Taxes & IPRs
- Mr. Pratik Jain, Partner, KPMG
- Mr. R. Sridhar, Corporate Director-Taxation, Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd
- Mr. Bimal Jain, Partner, A2Z Taxcorp LLP
- Mr. Amitabh Khemka, Head-Indirect Tax, Vodafone India Ltd
- Mr. Prashant Deshpande, Sr. Director, Deloitte
- Ms. Shilpa Sharma, Head-Indirect Tax, Vaish Law
- Other speaker from Industry & Tax experts
Who should attend?
CEOs, CFOs, Finance / Accounts / Legal Executives, Senior Auditors and Financial Professionals / Consultants, Service providers and manufacturing availing CENVAT credit, Exporters of services, Users of services provided in India or abroad, Middle & Senior Level executives dealing in Indirect Taxes in the corporate world as well as the practicing CA, CS, CMA and other related professionals.
- Rs.4,500 per participant per venue including Service Tax (10% discount for two or more persons from the same organization)
Mr. Avinash Sharma
Mr. Ankit Raghav
Mr. Akshat Agarwal
Mr. Krishan Sharma
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 5, Sardar Patel Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Download Registration Form