Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing an International essay writing competition on Criminal Laws.
- The Competition is open to students who are pursuing their B.A. LLB./ LL.M. /Ph.D. /M. Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai.
Death Penalty: Contemporary Issues Aspects to be considered: Legal, Socio-Political and Psychological
Guidelines for Submission
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor it should be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of essay.
- Registration form to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the head of Institution/University.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words mentioning title and keywords must be attached.
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman.
- 1.5 intercellular space.
- A footer numbering pages as "page a of y" on right side of each page.
- The participant should send three attachments in mail Essay in MS Word format with subject "Essay Competition: Ad Idem 2013" - Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
- Submission must be mailed at email@example.com
- First Prize - INR 25,000/- (KTS Tulsi Award)
- Second Prize - INR 15,000/- (Surana Award)
- Third Prize - INR 10,000/- (Surana Award)
- The top ranked five winners will be awarded with internships at Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai. Top five winners may forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks from the announcement of results or before one week of the prize distribution ceremony whichever is earlier.
- The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner. The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize distribution function, exact date and location to be announced later. Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants.
- Deadline for submission: 20th August, 2013
- Result Declaration: 20th September, 2013
Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN No. The list of these selected papers will be displayed on the RGNUL Website. Author of the selected essay will be given a consolation prize of Rs. 1000/- each (except the winners of the competition).
Ms. Ivneet Walia
Assistant Professor of Law,
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Brochure, Registration Form