International Seminar on 'Emerging Challenges in International Law'
ITMU Law School in association with International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is organizing an International Seminar on 'Emerging Challenges in International Law'.
Date: 18th May, 2013
Venue: Seminar Hall, ITM University HUDA Sector 23A, Gurgaon - 122017
ITMU Law School is conducting its first seminar on International Law. The seminar serves as an endeavor to congregate stalwarts in International Law alongside students and academicians who are keen on pursuing a path to expertise in this field. The seminar shall be conducted in the form of multiple-thematic panels presided by pioneers in International Law thereby providing an intellectual platform for focused participation and super-specialty deliberations. During the course of their presentations, paper presenters are requested not to elaborate on historical perspectives unless they are inextricably significant to the chosen research area.
The seminar topic, 'Emerging Challenges in International Law', which also constitutes the fundamental premise of the program shall be addressed on the basis of the following themes, all of which shall be discussed in parallel sessions:
- Reform of UN Charter
- Enforcement of Human Rights
- International Rule of Law
- Respect for International Humanitarian Law
- Third world approach to reform of International Law
- Diplomacy and Diplomatic Immunity
- Restructuring of the United Nations Security Council
- Role of UN Peace Keeping Force
- Right to Pre-emptive Attack
- International Law, Geo-politics and Regional Alliances
- Position of individuals as subjects of International Law
- Enforcement of International Bill of Rights
- Instant Customary International Law
- Rule of Law in the International arena
- Diplomacy in the era globalization
- Limits of Diplomatic Immunity and Inviolability
- Third World Approach to reform of International Law
- International Criminal Court and implementation of Rome Statute
- Limitations of Jurisdiction of ICJ
- Nuclear non-proliferation
- Food Security
- Energy Security
- Security and Protection of Environment
While authors are welcome to go beyond the suggested sub-themes, kindly be advised that articles are expected not to go beyond the fundamental theme of the seminar.
Note: Seminars and Conferences at ITMU Law School are not intended to provide a stage for discussing overview/introduction/fundamentals of law. Sub-themes highlighted herein are to be treated and addressed as 'Research Topics' leading to intellectual discussion and debate. Papers are required to evidence the author's sound understanding of International Law. Hence, papers whose contents are substantially generic in nature are likely to be summarily rejected during the course of reviewing.
Call for Papers:
Research papers are invited from Scholars, Researchers, Practitioners, Academicians and Students on issues related to above themes. Authors of selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their paper in the seminar. Joint authorship is permitted, subject to a maximum of two co-authors. On approval through a peer reviewing process, the best articles shall be published in the inaugural issue of the ITMU Law Review.
Guideline for Submission of Papers:
Full Length Paper should not exceed 5 pages. It must be typed in Times New Roman Font, Size 12 on A4 paper with 1" margin on all sides with single line spacing using MS Word. Use of Blue Book style (19th Edition) of referencing and footnote is encouraged. A brief profile of the author indicating his/her designation, email ID, contact number and address has to be sent along with the abstract (250-300 words) of the article to the Organizing Secretary.
- Deadline of Abstract Submission: 22nd April, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: 23rd April, 2013
- Deadline of Full Paper Submission: 10th May, 2013
- Conference Date: 18th May, 2013
Abstracts have to be emailed to the following:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, cc to email@example.com
After acceptance of the abstract, the full paper should also be sent to the same email-ids.
Registration Fees for Participants: Rs. 500/-
Note: Fees is to be paid on the day of seminar. All the participants will be provided with certificate of participation.
Due to budgetary constraints, no TA/DA shall be provided. Local hospitality can be arranged at nominal rates near the venue of the premises
Dr. Sunod Jacob
Asst. Prof. of Law
Phone: +91-8750572631, +91-124-2365811 to 12 Extn. 270
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com