The Indian Law Institute - Admission to Ph.D. Programme
The Indian Law Institute, a premier Institute for Legal Research and Education invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in Law.
The Indian Law Institute established in 1956 primarily with the objective of promoting and conducting legal research was granted deemed university status in 2004. The Institute invites application for admission to Ph.D programme commencing from April, 2013.
To be admitted to the candidature for a Doctoral degree an applicant shall have:
- Obtained a Master's Degree in law of any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent.
- For applicant belonging to SC/ST category and/or physically handicapped applicants, a relaxation of 5% in marks shall be admissible.
- Teachers working in any University or its affiliated colleges and having a teaching/ research /other relevant experience of not less than 5 years, may be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks. Provided that out of the two relaxations as stipulated above, only one relaxation is permissible for an applicant.
Procedure for Admission:
- The admission shall be through a written test to be conducted by the Institute on 8th March, 2013 at 2.30 p.m. in the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
- The candidates who have qualified for UGC NET/ JRF, SLET, and M. Phil are exempted from taking the admission test.
- All qualified candidates shall make a presentation before the admission
- Committee on the proposed topic of research on a date notified by the Institute.
The last date for receipt of application is 22nd February, 2013.
The Indian Law Institute
Bhagwan Dass Road,
New Delhi - 110 001
Phone: 23387526, 23382190
Download Admission Procedure, Application Form