International Seminar on Institutional Arbitration & Online Dispute Resolution Techniques
With a view to provide a focus on the emerging trends in International Arbitration, the CIAC under the patronage of CIDC will be organizing an "International Seminar on Institutional Arbitration & Online Dispute Resolution Techniques" at New Delhi. The event is supported by UNCITRAL & other International and National bodies.
Date: 31st January, 2013
Venue: India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
Institutional Arbitration and ODR present opportunities for the Indian Infrastructure and construction sectors to resolve disputes in a speedy and cost effective manner leading to unlocking of idle capital that may be gainfully deployed for effective project delivery. While ODR can benefit a host of SMEs in this sector, Institutional Arbitration can help bring immense benefits to the whole process of effective dispute resolution and companies can get a binding decision in a time bound manner. It will also help the Government's and the judiciary's mandate for speedy resolution of commercial disputes. The growing emphasis on PPP mode for faster creation of infrastructure necessitates a sound legal framework for government such contract.
The Seminar aims to explore the embedded opportunities and emerging trends in ODR & Institutional Arbitration and map the challenges ahead for drafting a legal framework for the PPPs in the Infrastructure and Construction Sector. The participants mix includes Industry Captains, Arbitrators, Lawyers, Central/ State Government officers, senior officers from the Private Sector etc.
- Impediments in Acceptance of Institutional Arbitration in India
- Promoting India as a Neutral / Preferred Venue for International Commercial Arbitration
- Enforcement of Foreign Awards in India - Analyzing the recent decision of Supreme Court in BALCO's case and the ramifications thereof
- Post - Award Delays - a fair comment on the sad state of affairs
- From ADR to ODR- An introduction to the online Dispute Resolution
- Legal Issues in the context of Online dispute Resolution - Indian Scenario
- Public Private Partnerships - Boosting Economic Growth in India.
- A Definite Legal Framework for PPPs in India - taking a cue from the UNCITRAL Model Legislative Provisions on Privately Financed infrastructure Projects (Model Provisions),2003
Er. O.P. Gupta (VSM)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mrs. Jyothi Girish
810, Hemkunt Chambers,
89, Nehru Place,
New Delhi - 110019
Phone: 011-41619840/41, 011-26489992
Download Brochure, Delegate Registration Forn, Student Registration Form