ASSOCHAM - National Conference on Service Tax
The ASSOCHAM has received several issues on new service tax regime from trade and industry which need clarification or reconsideration by the Government to remove implementation difficulties. In order to bring greater awareness about the new tax system and to provide clarifications across the table, ASSOCHAM is organizing a National Conference on Service Tax. The issues which need further clarification or reconsideration would be taken up with the Government.
Date: 29th January, 2013
Venue: Le Meridien, New Delhi
Conference aims at:
- To provide real time clarity to the participants from senior tax administrators on the provisions of new service tax regime;
- Direct feedback to the Government on issues raised at the conference by participants from various industry segments and professionals and seek resolution;
- To focus on the issues related to various industries/service providers for the consideration of the Government for the forthcoming budget for the year 2013-14 in the field of Indirect Taxes particularly Service Tax and CENVAT Credit.
- Sharing of knowledge and experience on new service tax regime among participants and experts
Issues to be discussed:
ASSOCHAM has always been a frontrunner in disseminating vital information and taking the cause of the member of trade and industry to the government, especially in the case of taxation related matters. This national conference will cover the following topics among others:
- Problem arises due to restoration of service specific accounting code and amendment in registration for each service on the basis of law which has already been repealed
- Recovery during pendency of stay application
- No Interest on Pre-deposit during the pendency of litigation
- Scope of services covered under negative list, Mega exemption notification and declared services
- Complexity in implementation of service tax in respect of works contracts, infrastructure and real estate sector under different business models
- Disputes regarding valuation under service tax
- CENVAT credit restrictions in several cases including reverse charge & new capital investment
- Ambiguity in Place of Provision of Service Rules, Exports of services and Point of Taxation Rules
- VAT: Multiplicity of tax namely VAT & Service Tax
ASSOCHAM have invited Shri. Kaushal Srivastava, Chief Commissioner Central Excise, Delhi to deliver the address in the Inaugural Session of the conference. They have also requested Shri Gautam Bhattacharya, Commissioner Service Tax, Delhi to be there with them in the Technical session.
The conference will also be addressed by the following experts from the Tax profession.
- Shri J K Mittal, Co-Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council of Indirect Tax
- Shri Bipin Sapra, Partner, Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd
- Shri Prashant Deshpande, Sr. Director, Deloitte
- Shri Abhishek Jain, Partner, BMR Advisors
- Shri Siddharth Mehta, Director, KPMG
Who should attend?
CEOs, CFOs, Finance / Accounts / Legal Executives, Senior Auditors and Financial Professionals / Consultants, Service providers and manufacturing availing CENVAT credit, Exporters of services, Users of services provided in India or abroad, Middle & Senior Level executives dealing in Indirect Taxes in the corporate world as well as the practicing CA, CS, CWA and other related professionals.
Rs. 4000/- per participant, including Service Tax (10% discount for two persons and 20% discount for three or more persons from the same organization)
The fee is inclusive of refreshment & lunch.
- Mr. Avinash Sharma: +91-9811524976, email@example.com
- Mr. Ankit Raghav: +91-9999068767, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Akshat Agarwal: +91-9873847923, email@example.com
- Mr. Ankush Varshney: +91-8800327926, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Krishan Sharma: +91-8512072265, email@example.com
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 1, Community Centre Zamrudpur
Kailash Colony, New Delhi - 110 048
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Fax: 46536481/46536482 46536497/46536498
Download Registration Form