Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - LL.B (Hons) in Intellectual Property Law
Applications are invited for admission to 3 years LL.B. (Hons) in Intellectual Property Law at Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur approved by Bar Council of India.
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law is the first of its kind law school to impart legal education with IP specialization within the IIT System bringing synergy among science, technology, management and law.
- First Class Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine or equivalent OR
- First Class Master's Degree in Science or Pharmacy or equivalent OR
- First Class MBA degree with any of the above
Admission will be a two-step process:
- All India written test for entrance to be conducted at Bangalore, Kolkata, Delhi, and Mumbai. The institute reserves the right to cancel/reallocate any of the centres in case of insufficient number of qualifying candidates at a particular centre.
- Candidates who will be writing the LSAT-India 2012 are exempted from the above-mentioned All India written test. Such candidates will be shortlisted for the GD/PI on the basis of their percentile ranks in the LSAT-India 2012. The candidates must mention their LSAT-India Registration number clearly in the appropriate box in the On-Line Application Form for RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur. RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur will obtain LSAT-India scores directly from LSAT-India. More information on LSAT-India is available at www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia.
- Candidates with valid LSAT scores (on the global LSAT exam) are also exempted from the All India written test. Such candidates must provide their Law School Admission Council (LSAC) account number in the appropriate box while completing the On-Line Application Form. RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur will obtain LSAT scores directly from the LSAC. The LSAC account number is the letter "L" followed by 8 digits.
- From the list of qualified candidates from the entrance test, the final selection of candidates will be made on the basis of GD/PI at Kharagpur and other centers as may be decided by the Institute from time to time.
Availability of Application Forms Online:
1st January, 2013
Last date to submit Online Application Forms:
1st March, 2013
Last date of accepting hard copy:
10th March, 2013
Date of Entrance Examination:
11th May, 2013
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur,
West Bengal - 721302
Phone: 03222 - 282237/282222
Fax: 03222 - 282238