National Seminar on Media and Law Interface: Issues and Challenges
The Centre for Criminal Justice Administration of Dr. RML National University is organizing a National Seminar on Media and Law Interface: Issues and Challenges.
Date: 28th - 29th December, 2012
Venue: Seminar Hall, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
The seminar would have the following sub-themes:
- Role of Corporate Media in the Largest Democracy of the World: An Appraisal
- Media Trial: Pros and Cons
- Regulation of Media in India: In Search of a Viable Regulatory Mechanism
- Freedom of Press vis-a-vis Right to Privacy: Drawing the Boundaries
- Investigative Journalism and the Law
- Role of Media in Crime Prevention
The above sub-themes are only indicative and participants may choose any other topic for research/ paper presentation within the scope of the seminar.
Level of Participation:
- Distinguished members of the Bench and Bar
- Media Professionals including Editors and Journalists
- Civil Society Groups
Number of Participants:
The expected number of participants in the seminar is approximately hundred, out of which fifty would be out station participants.
The last date for registration is 24th December, 2012.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,
LDA, Kanpur Road Scheme,
Lucknow - 226012, U.P.
Phone: 0522-2425902-904, Ext. 105, 148, 211
Download Information Brochure