Aprajita Memorial National Law Debate
IIMT & School of law, GGSIP University are hosting the Aprajita Memorial National Law Debate on "In the opinion of the house, the exemption of marital rape should be scraped from the statute"
Date: 5th November, 2012
The theme of debate revolves around the words 'marital rape'. The Sharda Act known as the Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Act 2006 suffers from certain inherent weaknesses and loopholes. The Act simply discourages and not actually prohibits the child marriage.
Rules for Debate:
- A team of two candidates from each University/institute /college having LL.B. and BA. LL.B. course shall be eligible to participate - (one for and one against the motion.) The letter of authorization along with two passport size photographs duly attested by the concerned authority of the University/Institute/College in favour of the team is mandatory.
- Each speaker will get six (5+1), minutes in total for debate. Exceeding the time limit shall be a disadvantage for the team and the candidate.
- The teams are free to use either medium Hindi or English exclusively.
- The winning team shall be given "The Aprajita Memorial Running Trophy", which is returnable by the concerned University/Institute/College to the Organizer-Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law, Delhi within one year i.e. before the next debate.
- The judgment of the jury shall be final and binding on the team.
- The last date for registration is 29th October, 2012.
- The host Institution will arrange for boarding and lodging of the participating teams free of charge from the evening of 4th November to the morning of 5th November. No TA/DA will be provided.
- Competitors with written debates will not be eligible for prizes, however, a slip of paper bearing the points only may be permitted
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law
(G.G. S. lndraprastha University, Delhi)
16 X, Karkardooma Institutional Area,
Delhi - 110092
Phone: 011-22372639, 011-65288868, +91-9871191526
Download Brochure, Registration Form