National Workshop on Administrative Effectiveness and E-Governance Initiatives
The workshop is organized by Department of Political Science, PUC and Department of Public Administration, PUC; and sponsored by Department of Information & Communication Technology Government of Mizoram.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is having great significance in the 21st century, where all the formal and informal organizations have perceived the ICT as the potential means to achieve the ideals of 'Good Governance'. The Information Age, led by internet content, software, technology and connectivity is changing society and the way we can best meet public challenges.
In this context, the use of ICT by the stakeholders such as civil society, individuals, private partners, market and the formal institutions legislature, executive and judiciary has come to be known as 'E-Governance'. E-governance gives an opportunity to transform the relationship between government with other stakeholders like citizens; businesses and other public agencies as well as its internal business processes and employees.
Date: 9th October, 2012
Venue: Seminar Hall, Life Science Building Pachhunga University College, Mizoram
Objectives of the Workshop:
The specific objectives of the workshop are:
- Share knowledge and experiences on e-governance for improved public service delivery;
- take stock of existing practices on the use of ICTs in the administration;
- learn on innovative methods and approaches of e-governance;
- build the capacity and the competence of participants regarding using ICT; and
- to know about the major challenges faced in e-governance implementation and finding out the ways to solve them.
Issues to be discussed:
Major issues to be addressed by the workshop are:
- How e-governance can be used as a tool to ensure good governance?
- Does e-governance have the answer to overcome socio-economic problems?
- What is the role of e-governance in effective delivery of public services?
- How does e-governance affect the organization of government machinery?
- What are the constraints in adopting e-governance in the country?
- How to overcome the resistance from various stake holders regarding e-governance and what are the skills required by them to manage activities related to e-governance?
- What strategies and policies to adopt in order to better adapt e-governance to cater to the needs, context and readiness of our society?
- Participants: INR 100.00
- Time of Registration: 9:30 - 10:00 A.M
- Tea and Lunch will be provided. However, no TA/DA will be given.
Mr. David Zothansanga
Pachhunga University College,
College Veng, Aizawl - 796001,