International Conference on Advances in Biotechnology and Patenting (ICABP - 2013)
The conference is organized by Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, School of Biotechnology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.
Date: 18th - 21st February, 2013
Themes and Objective:
The assortment of biotech applications is nearly endless, dealing with living organisms and their byproducts in industries, medicine, agriculture, environment and social welfare, and competitive to improve the quality of life by preventing chronic disease, meeting the food and energy needs of our growing population and addressing the looming impact of climate change.
There is growing awareness on the imperative need to conserve, protect and manage their valuable natural resources for production and marketing for beneficial of humans. Intellectual property rights (IPR) have become an important aspect in Biotechnology which is characterized by high investments in research and development (R & D). IPRs may also adversely affect the food security, use of evolved agricultural practices, biological diversity and ecological balance and the livelihood of the poor in developing countries. Many products and technologies are simultaneously marketed and utilized in many countries.
Developers of such products and technologies would like to ensure R & D costs and other costs associated with introduction of new products in the market are recovered and enough profits are generated for investing in R & D to keep up the R & D efforts. Patents such as rDNA, Cell lines, genetically engineered products, human bone marrow stem cells and hybridization conditions have already been patented with many more in the pipe line. The proposed conference will address the advances in the above fields of Biotechnology and patenting, licensing and copyright of novel inventions of Biological products and technology transfer.
The organizing committee is keen to encourage, papers and discussion in the following areas. In order to maintain a continuous stream of new ideas and experimentations, public private partnership in R & D need to be nurtured to arrive at a win-win situation. Therefore all researchers, students, professionals will have to come to terms with the new ground realities and take positive steps to direct research in advances of Biotechnology and to generate more intellectual property rights, protect and manage them efficiently and make the ICAB-2013 as a success.
Area of Focus:
Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Drug discovery and development
- Sustainable development
Recent trends and future of biotechnology
- Agriculture Medicine
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Issues in patenting and IPR
- Technology transfer of patents
- Products and process patenting
Call for Papers:
- The abstracts should be submitted in English by 15th November, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- Authorship on multiple abstracts is permitted.
- Registration fees must be paid along with abstract.
- Abstract should not exceed 300 words including title, author(s) and affiliation.
- Abstract of papers should be prepared using MS word in Times New Roman, 12 pitch font, double line spacing and send to the Organizing Secretary of the Conference
- Abstracts can be sending by e-mail or by CD only
- Micrographs and figures must not be included with the abstract
- Underline the name of the presenting author
- Specify your choice for abstract presentation (plenary speaker, oral communication, poster)
- Sign the abstract.
- Submission of abstracts: 15th October, 2012
- Payment of Registration fee : 15th October, 2012
- Request for Accommodation: 15th November, 2012
- Submission of full paper : 15th November, 2012
Organizing Secretary, ICABP-2013
Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Tiruchirappalli - 620 024, Tamil Nadu
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com